Lang 36 stretch. Any opinions?

mowin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking at the 36 stretch, but was wondering if any one here has one, or used one?
Concerned about right to left temps maybe being off quite a bit.

It got the same size fire box as the standard 36, so curious if it may be undersized for the added length.

I have the 36 Deluxe. The temps are off left to right...mine is hotter by the firebox. I would imagine the stretch helps with that a bit as there is more area away from the firebox.

I will say that when I run the smoker damper closed and the warmer damper and both damper exhausts open (forcing all exhaust thru the warmer) the temp in the warmer settles to about 50 degrees less than the main chamber.

My experience is that it's easy to run, 1/4 inch steel is a beast. Once it's up to temp it holds temps with very small splits. The welds on mine are a bit sloppy but it's a great cooker. The only disadvantage with the firebox being small is that I have to angle my splits from corner to corner. No issues getting the heat up into the upper 300s and maintains 250 with one small split every 45 min.

There is a Lang Owners Facebook group. You should ask that question there. You'll get a bunch of quick responses.

I've got one. Had it delivered in May. Stretch deluxe with stainless grates, wagon wheel cart and 2 therms.

Once it's hot and been running, side to side temps vary only 30 degrees or so. I have seen them dead even when I was done with a cook and letting it cool down.

I've heard it's the same fire box as the 48. It's plenty big. I've had it up to 400F.

The end to end variation will depend on how you run it, but expect between 5 and 50 degrees, mostly in the 5-25 range.

The issue with the small firebox is space to work. It has enough combustion space for a smoker several times its size, but most splits I buy are 16-18" so a 17" firebox with a narrower door is going to be limiting as far as room to put in logs. This is an issue with just about all smaller offsets.

Back