homemade chicken sausage

jsperk

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Here is my attempt at some chicken sausage. Boneless skinless chicken breast with some bacon added for fat and taste. Pic on right was first try. Left was another batch.

IMAGE_300.jpg
homemadechixsausage.jpg

What do you use for spices? I have just started making my own sausage and haven't tried chicken yet. Looks good.

I cooked a few yesterday. I bought some sausage mix's from Penzys. I also added some cheese and garlic infused red wine vinegar in my newest batch.

IMAGE_305.jpg

Looks good! Fun to try something new, eh?
Thanks. It was fun. Can't wait to make more. I had more trouble today. For some reason when I cut the links to serperate them I messed up and the meat was coming through the end. I only tried to snip the twist part.
Can't wait for my Christmas present this yr.
http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/

Thanks. It was fun. Can't wait to make more. I had more trouble today. For some reason when I cut the links to serperate them I messed up and the meat was coming through the end. I only tried to snip the twist part.
Can't wait for my Christmas present this yr.
http://www.dakotahsausagestuffer.com/

Maybe you were short a couple twists before you snipped.

Hope you get the christmas present.

You could link them in 3 or 4 links and tie them off. Then cook them while still linked and only cut them after done cooking. That will get your portion control and the losing sausage problem at the same time

So are you using a stuffer now or a grinder with tube? If you are using the grinder with tube your sausage look good. I just got a nesco and made snack sticks, that is kinda of a pain filling the casings with it.The Dakotah Sausage Stuffer is awesome, i have watched the youtube videos.. I have read on the interweb were a guy converted the Dokotah to run off of CO2, instead of wasting water. I wonder if you could use a small pancake air compressor and dial back the psi's? the only bad thing i have heard of it is that the valve arent the greatest. I love it when santa comes early!!!

So are you using a stuffer now or a grinder with tube? If you are using the grinder with tube your sausage look good. I just got a nesco and made snack sticks, that is kinda of a pain filling the casings with it.The Dakotah Sausage Stuffer is awesome, i have watched the youtube videos.. I have read on the interweb were a guy converted the Dokotah to run off of CO2, instead of wasting water. I wonder if you could use a small pancake air compressor and dial back the psi's? the only bad thing i have heard of it is that the valve arent the greatest. I love it when santa comes early!!!

I used my kitchen aid for these ones. Unfortunately I will be waiting for the stuffer. I use to have a hard time making sausage on the KA but last times worked good. Still a bit of pain with the small opening for the KA. I did start debating whether or not just stick with KA since I have decent results and get a different toy.
Thanks for looking and commenting all.

Nice! :clap2:

I haven't bought sausage from a store since I started making it. You'll be much happier with a stuffer.

Those look pretty darn good! I've always used boneless/skinless chicken thighs and bacon for fat.

Back