Best Guru?

ALBURNT EINSWINE

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have never used a guru, but I have a new Humphrey's battle box on order and wanted some opinions on the best Guru to buy for it? I'm looking for ease of operation.

Debatable, but probably the DigiQ2. One probe for the pit and one for meat. Simple up and down arrows to control either.

I just ordered the CyberQ wifi for my battle box. Hope to try it out this weekend.

Cyber-que because it has 4 probes total. You can use 1 for pit 3 for food. also you could use 2 probes for pit to monitor different areas in pit for temp variations. Even if you don't use the Wi-Fi the 3 probe monitoring for different meats i.e. butts, briskets, whole chickens.

I have the Down East Beast and thought I wanted a Cyber-Q. I went with a Digi-Q II because I planned on getting the Cyber-Q at a later date.

I am happy with the ease of the Digi-Q as well as the operation of it, that I really have no need for the Cyber-Q anymore.

Yes, the Digi-Q only has 2 probes, 1 meat probe and one pit probe. It is so accurate and reliable I can set it at 9:00 PM and it controls the pit perfectly until late the next morning. It's like having a pit sitter while I soundly sleep.

Wiuld it be nice to view it from my computer? Yea it would, but the current Digi-Q works so perfectly I couldn't be any happier.

I have the Down East Beast and thought I wanted a Cyber-Q. I went with a Digi-Q II because I planned on getting the Cyber-Q at a later date.

I am happy with the ease of the Digi-Q as well as the operation of it, that I really have no need for the Cyber-Q anymore.

Yes, the Digi-Q only has 2 probes, 1 meat probe and one pit probe. It is so accurate and reliable I can set it at 9:00 PM and it controls the pit perfectly until late the next morning. It's like having a pit sitter while I soundly sleep.

Wiuld it be nice to view it from my computer? Yea it would, but the current Digi-Q works so perfectly I couldn't be any happier.

Exactly! Digi-Q DXII works like a charm!

I'm waiting for my Battle Box to come in as well. Got delayed by the snow. I had the same question and ended up going with the Cyber-Q. For me the extra probes were worth the extra $100. I've got it all set up now so I can control it via wifi at home or when I am away from home and it will send me emails on my status.

It wasn't incredibly hard to set up but I do work in IT. I'm not a hard core network guy by any means though.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty tech savvy, but I think I'm still leaning toward the Digi-Q. Plus, I already have a few extra thermoworks probes I can use for additional meats. Do you use the Pit Viper or Pit Boss fan on your Down East Beast?

Gotta say cyberQ. They work the same, but now you get some much customization and flexibility.

10 CFM is all you need for the battle box. I have the 25 for the pint and feel like the 10 would work fine for it. I went cyberq. Had it connected to wifi in under two hours thanks to this site

Ok had a couple under my belt Super bowl sunday. After cooking all day never put my guru and cooker away. It snowed and rained all nite. Monday I plugged guru in pit temp and food read 420 .After 5 min. both read 27 degrees the temp outside.CYBER Q IS THE BEST .

Thanks for the feedback. I'm pretty tech savvy, but I think I'm still leaning toward the Digi-Q. Plus, I already have a few extra thermoworks probes I can use for additional meats. Do you use the Pit Viper or Pit Boss fan on your Down East Beast?

I use the 25 cfm fan. I was told by the brethren that the 10 cfm would be adequate, but i like the idea of having that extra air if I need it. I run the fan wide-open with no restrictions except on the exhaust (50%) as recommended by Humphrey's. Great positive pressure and no condensation inside the pit, always perfectly dry...

I use the 25 cfm fan. I was told by the brethren that the 10 cfm would be adequate, but i like the idea of having that extra air if I need it. I run the fan wide-open with no restrictions except on the exhaust (50%) as recommended by Humphrey's. Great positive pressure and no condensation inside the pit, always perfectly dry...

Do you feel like the 10 cfm fan is adequate for the battle box to maintain good positive pressure or would you still go with the 25 cfm? I know the cooking chamber is smaller on the battle box but I believe the fire box is the same size as the DEB.

It's funny you mention that. My last cook had so much condensation it actually leaked out the bottom of my pint. I'm using the 25cfm and had to choke it down because otherwise it runs pretty hot. Do you think choking it down caused the excess condensation?

Back