My Fatty Piston

CowGirl that piston is Awesome! You got me drooling over here. They are picture perfect. I have to do one of those. Dang looking at them how can my dinner compare! Wishing my monitor was scratch and sniff!

I'm not sure how I missed this. I scanned through the posts but could not find three important bits of information:

1. Where is the website?
2. How much do these cost?
3. Is shipping included?

Whoever is selling these things is going to have a nice retirement.

Absolutely beautiful. Monet could not have done better.

What about using one of these? A two cup plunger measuring cup. For the technologically PVC challenged. To get the stuffing long enough for your fatty might require using it two times.

I'm not sure how I missed this. I scanned through the posts but could not find three important bits of information:

1. Where is the website?
2. How much do these cost?
3. Is shipping included?

Whoever is selling these things is going to have a nice retirement.

Gore, Cowgirl (Jeanie) made that one for her own use - as far as I know she hasn't started selling them, but it would be a great idea to market them...

Gore, Cowgirl (Jeanie) made that one for her own use - as far as I know she hasn't started selling them, but it would be a great idea to market them...

I'm just trying to provide a bit of encouragement!
I've got my checkbook/visa/wallet out, ready to make payment and I expect many other Brethren would be happy to buy one also. I think these could be mass-produced easily enough and someone could make more than charcoal money just selling these on this site to fellow Brethren. It'd be a nice service.

The Aeropress would be a cool idea, but it might be to fat. I highly recommend one if you are a coffee connoisseur. I'm awaiting a Cowgirl production run though because I don't want my coffee going oink.

Attachments

• AeroPressCoffeeMaker.jpg.gif
    AeroPressCoffeeMaker.jpg.gif
    41.1 KB · Views: 178
Thanks everybody I really like mine!
Grillinski said he is planning on making these to sell. I'm sure he will post his website when he gets it going.
I found this.... http://www.fattiepistons.blogspot.com/
BUT..am not sure if he has it set up yet.

OOOPS!! Me Bad...Hope I didn't hurt the cause by posting instructions how to make one!:icon_blush::oops::oops::oops: I am truly sorry...I did not know this site existed!
________
Alan

OOOPS!! Me Bad...Hope I didn't hurt the cause by posting instructions how to make one!:icon_blush::oops::oops::oops: I am truly sorry...I did not know this site existed!
________
Alan

I don't think it's any problem at all. A measly $10, including S&H is nothing. Heck, I'd spend more than half of that getting to Home Depot to purchase the supplies. If I wanted 10 of these I'd make them myself, but just for one, it's cheaper and easier to buy. Plus, think of the savings knowing that these kids are safe in camp over the summer and not ransacking my car or house. It's like a mini-insurance policy to boot! :)

Alan, I didn't know Grillinski was going to sell them when I made mine. I've had a lot of people interested in buying one. I've been telling them to wait til Grillinski's site is up and running.

By the way...yours looks nice. :-D

that looks awsome! specially the patern of the bacon, I was thinking if I take a big injection syringe and cut of the top, that might work as well... hmmm one way to find out!

wow thats great... but you gotta tell us.... what did you use to make the pcv disk?? it looks like it was from a flat sheet of something. I'm not aware of flat pvc. (I'm thinking maybe using a piece of a plastic cutting board or maybe a piece of a resin cutting board. and how did you attach it??? help i wanna make one now and use it today!!!!!!

I should have added this info to my post

Got mine ordered YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think it's any problem at all. A measly $10, including S&H is nothing. Heck, I'd spend more than half of that getting to Home Depot to purchase the supplies. If I wanted 10 of these I'd make them myself, but just for one, it's cheaper and easier to buy. Plus, think of the savings knowing that these kids are safe in camp over the summer and not ransacking my car or house. It's like a mini-insurance policy to boot! :)

Thanks everybody I really like mine!
Grillinski said he is planning on making these to sell. I'm sure he will post his website when he gets it going.
I found this.... http://www.fattiepistons.blogspot.com/
BUT..am not sure if he has it set up yet.

I ordered over a month ago and didn't receive anything and didn't get any replies from my emails. Finally reported to PayPal to get my funds reimbursed. I think they're closed for the season. Don't know if anyone else had better luck. Is anyone else making/selling these? Grillinski?

Hmm.. on the site it says to wrap the fatty in foil and let it rest for 30 minutes....

Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen... :)

that looks awsome! specially the patern of the bacon, I was thinking if I take a big injection syringe and cut of the top, that might work as well... hmmm one way to find out!

Spiffs Thank you! I bet your syringe would work fine. I've heard of people using jerky guns. Let me know how it goes!:-D

Again wonderful pictures and great tool, I will order my piston next time my when my parents are in de States again.

Thank you Frits! If you can't find one, let me know. :-D

wow thats great... but you gotta tell us.... what did you use to make the pcv disk?? it looks like it was from a flat sheet of something. I'm not aware of flat pvc. (I'm thinking maybe using a piece of a plastic cutting board or maybe a piece of a resin cutting board. and how did you attach it??? help i wanna make one now and use it today!!!!!!

Thanks Trekmstr! I had some flat plastic... I think it's material for a backsplash. It's maybe 1/16 of an inch thick. I glued it onto the pvc pipe with a super glue. So far it's holding up fine. I even clean it in my dishwasher. I've seen other people use the pvc caps on the end to push the filling through. They say it works fine too.

Take pics for me if you get one made! :-D

Gore, I had been trying to contact Grillinski for awhile...others have ordered and not received anything. Two days ago I got a PM from him here .

Jeanie, I am sorry for the delay! life has gotten a bit nuts and I havnt had time to be online much. I am still trying to get things up and running with the fattie piston, its just a B list priority. I hope to have things running in the next few weeks. I will send you a PM once its off the ground.

Looks like it might be ahwile before the site is up and running.

lol GreasePig, I've never had the patience to let one rest. :biggrin: They are soooo tasty hot off the smoker. lol

Back