MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:44 AM   #91
nolaman
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Thanks everybody I really like mine!
Grillinski said he is planning on making these to sell. I'm sure he will post his website when he gets it going.
I found this.... http://www.fattiepistons.blogspot.com/
BUT..am not sure if he has it set up yet.
I should have added this info to my post
nolaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2009, 11:59 AM   #92
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaman View Post
OOOPS!! Me Bad...Hope I didn't hurt the cause by posting instructions how to make one! I am truly sorry...I did not know this site existed!
________
Alan
I don't think it's any problem at all. A measly $10, including S&H is nothing. Heck, I'd spend more than half of that getting to Home Depot to purchase the supplies. If I wanted 10 of these I'd make them myself, but just for one, it's cheaper and easier to buy. Plus, think of the savings knowing that these kids are safe in camp over the summer and not ransacking my car or house. It's like a mini-insurance policy to boot! :-)
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #93
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Alan, I didn't know Grillinski was going to sell them when I made mine. I've had a lot of people interested in buying one. I've been telling them to wait til Grillinski's site is up and running.

By the way...yours looks nice.

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-20-2009, 02:27 AM   #94
Kickback BBQ on Guam
On the road to being a farker

Got mine ordered YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:53 AM   #95
spiffs
Knows what a fatty is.

that looks awsome! specially the patern of the bacon, I was thinking if I take a big injection syringe and cut of the top, that might work as well... hmmm one way to find out!

Old 12-05-2009, 07:20 AM   #96
Frits
Knows what a fatty is.

Again wonderful pictures and great tool, I will order my piston next time my when my parents are in de States again.
Frits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #97
trekmstr
Full Fledged Farker

wow thats great... but you gotta tell us.... what did you use to make the pcv disk?? it looks like it was from a flat sheet of something. I'm not aware of flat pvc. (I'm thinking maybe using a piece of a plastic cutting board or maybe a piece of a resin cutting board. and how did you attach it??? help i wanna make one now and use it today!!!!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 AM   #98
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolaman View Post
I should have added this info to my post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickback BBQ on Guam View Post
Got mine ordered YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
I don't think it's any problem at all. A measly $10, including S&H is nothing. Heck, I'd spend more than half of that getting to Home Depot to purchase the supplies. If I wanted 10 of these I'd make them myself, but just for one, it's cheaper and easier to buy. Plus, think of the savings knowing that these kids are safe in camp over the summer and not ransacking my car or house. It's like a mini-insurance policy to boot! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Thanks everybody I really like mine!
Grillinski said he is planning on making these to sell. I'm sure he will post his website when he gets it going.
I found this.... http://www.fattiepistons.blogspot.com/
BUT..am not sure if he has it set up yet.
I ordered over a month ago and didn't receive anything and didn't get any replies from my emails. Finally reported to PayPal to get my funds reimbursed. I think they're closed for the season. Don't know if anyone else had better luck. Is anyone else making/selling these? Grillinski?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.

Old 12-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #99
GreasePig
is One Chatty Farker

Hmm.. on the site it says to wrap the fatty in foil and let it rest for 30 minutes....

Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen... :)

Old 12-05-2009, 11:19 AM   #100
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffs View Post
that looks awsome! specially the patern of the bacon, I was thinking if I take a big injection syringe and cut of the top, that might work as well... hmmm one way to find out!
Spiffs Thank you! I bet your syringe would work fine. I've heard of people using jerky guns. Let me know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frits View Post
Again wonderful pictures and great tool, I will order my piston next time my when my parents are in de States again.
Thank you Frits! If you can't find one, let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekmstr View Post
wow thats great... but you gotta tell us.... what did you use to make the pcv disk?? it looks like it was from a flat sheet of something. I'm not aware of flat pvc. (I'm thinking maybe using a piece of a plastic cutting board or maybe a piece of a resin cutting board. and how did you attach it??? help i wanna make one now and use it today!!!!!!
Thanks Trekmstr! I had some flat plastic... I think it's material for a backsplash. It's maybe 1/16 of an inch thick. I glued it onto the pvc pipe with a super glue. So far it's holding up fine. I even clean it in my dishwasher. I've seen other people use the pvc caps on the end to push the filling through. They say it works fine too.

Take pics for me if you get one made!

Gore, I had been trying to contact Grillinski for awhile...others have ordered and not received anything. Two days ago I got a PM from him here .

Quote:
Jeanie, I am sorry for the delay! life has gotten a bit nuts and I havnt had time to be online much. I am still trying to get things up and running with the fattie piston, its just a B list priority. I hope to have things running in the next few weeks. I will send you a PM once its off the ground.
Looks like it might be ahwile before the site is up and running.

lol GreasePig, I've never had the patience to let one rest. They are soooo tasty hot off the smoker. lol

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2009, 12:28 PM   #101
Grillinski
Knows what a fatty is.

Gore, Cowgirl and all… I am SO SORRY. I want to sincerely apologize.
A long story short; I began the project of making and selling fattie pistons a few months ago and due to a family emergency, I put it on hold and have not taken it up till this weekend. I was not quite ready to go live and unfortunately, due to an error on my part, When I took mu hiatus I thought I had restricted public access to my blog…but I was wrong. A few orders were placed without my knowledge.
When I logged into my fattie piston e-mail address this morning and saw that I had a few orders, I was sick to my stomach.
If you placed and order, I will be shipping out the first shipment of fattie pistons this Monday. Please watch for yours in the mail. If you have any questions or you would rather I just reimburse you, just let me know.
Again, my sincerest apologies.
Please feel free to place orders; we are able to fill them going forward.

Old 12-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #102
Gore
Phizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinski View Post
Gore, Cowgirl and all… I am SO SORRY. I want to sincerely apologize.
A long story short; I began the project of making and selling fattie pistons a few months ago and due to a family emergency, I put it on hold and have not taken it up till this weekend. I was not quite ready to go live and unfortunately, due to an error on my part, When I took mu hiatus I thought I had restricted public access to my blog…but I was wrong. A few orders were placed without my knowledge.
When I logged into my fattie piston e-mail address this morning and saw that I had a few orders, I was sick to my stomach.
If you placed and order, I will be shipping out the first shipment of fattie pistons this Monday. Please watch for yours in the mail. If you have any questions or you would rather I just reimburse you, just let me know.
Again, my sincerest apologies.
Please feel free to place orders; we are able to fill them going forward.
No problem at all. Family comes first in my book! Your heart is obviously in the right place.
Gore

PS Master wants to know if fattie piston can hold beer.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:17 PM   #103
stiffy
Full Fledged Farker

stiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2009, 06:38 PM   #104
Jersey Joe
On the road to being a farker

Cowgirl>MacGyver

Jersey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2009, 07:30 PM   #105
NorthwestBBQ

I just ordered mine! I want to make fatty's like Jeanie!
NorthwestBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote