MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-22-2020, 05:27 AM   #31
RT
Full Fledged Farker

Same here, stocked up yesterday.
RT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-22-2020, 07:26 AM   #32
RNF
On the road to being a farker

I had my brisket in the offset smoker at 5:30 AM this morning. It be done with enough time left for a good rest in the cooler before dinner tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtTX View Post
People are losing their minds over saving 10 or 15 on a brisket. Going in 6 times. Using the self checkout the buy more than 2.
jdtTX,
I agree that all lot of people are taking advantage of the system. The savings are a lot more than 10 to 15 dollars a brisket though. On my two briskets the savings was over $150 dollars.
RNF is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2020, 08:11 AM   #33
Czarbecue
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Viet King Cong

I'm in the North Texas BBQ Addict FB page and man, people are complaining they MAY have gotten some Select when it was labeled as Choice. But at $1.67 per pound do you still complain? I then started to wonder if I ever sounded this entitled when I was living in Texas. I am ashamed. Lol.

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-28-2020, 08:19 AM   #34
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
I'm in the North Texas BBQ Addict FB page and man, people are complaining they MAY have gotten some Select when it was labeled as Choice. But at $1.67 per pound do you still complain? I then started to wonder if I ever sounded this entitled when I was living in Texas. I am ashamed. Lol.
You did... it was embarrassing. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-28-2020, 08:23 AM   #35
Sid Post
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarbecue View Post
There is no pleasing some people. Personally, I'd be happy with either at that price though, I generally prefer a little leaner to a little fatty with brisket.

On a related note, pork butts locally have gone from $2.49/lb to $0.99/lb. Best of all, I need some more as I smoked my last one last week!

Old 05-28-2020, 09:48 AM   #36
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

I picked up a 13 pounder over the weekend, but the weather wasn't having any of cooking. For $20, I could care less what grade it is since it had a thick floppy flat and a good expiration date. Just have to listen to SWMBO tell me about how much space it takes up in the fridge for a week or so.

Thanks from:--->