pulled pork storage question

jturk

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am smoking 70# pork butt tonight for my daughters graduation open house in 2 weeks. My plan was to cooler rest it and pull it tomorrow morning. I will Vac-seal it in 3# bags. I had planned to freeze it and thaw the morning of the open house. It has been suggested that I could refrigerate rather than freeze for the 13 days. What do you think? Is it safe either way? Would the pork be better if it is not frozen? I have done this in the fridge for a couple of days for leftovers in the past with great results but I need to be safe for my guests.

I would freeze it. Double seal the vaccu suck bags and then reheat in a bath of simmering, not hard boiling water. Works great for me.

I would freeze it. Double seal the vaccu suck bags and then reheat in a bath of simmering, not hard boiling water. Works great for me.

I have to agree with Kevin. Frozen Pulled pork in simmering water can't be beat for reheating. Taste to me like the day I smoked it. Plus I don't put any sauce and sometimes make carnitas. :-D

Man, gotta to go to the freezer right now and pull me out a bag.

Back