My New Q

Lovely. I'm sure you'll enjoy. I've had mine for 10 years or so and found that the only mod I needed was the tray but seems like yours has one already. Other than that its been a very steady and reliable smoker from butts to ribs to chicken to smoked jerky. May it be low and slow and long lasting.
CIMG8817.JPG

So, I had a pretty rainy weekend but got a chance to use the new Q. I did some short ribs with a cherry balsamic glaze and sauce. The temps were still off from one side to the other but I think with some tweaking I can dial it in.
Meat was still really good!
J

I got one and it made me buy a wsm. After I got the wsm I learned about the mods. With the charcoal ring from wsm works great. Looks like you need a temp gauge (tel-tru).

The temp gauge on my NB is on the outside of the chamber see prior picks. I don't use temp gauges on the meat - I don't subscribe to that practice. I like parked WSMs too as they seem to be easier to consistently put out goodness. Truth is... you will find me near anything that smokes grills and is parked... I found that each smoker/grill has its own learning curve and versatility comes from practice so I aim to practice.... again.... tomorrow...... as the song says..... "I got my smoke On.. I got my smoke On!""

Finally some mod pics

I Finally have these mod pics to show. I added some thermostats at grate level.
I think they look awesome, now to use them!!

photo 2.jpg

photo 4-1.jpg

Back