MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Food Handling General Discussion

Notices

Food Handling General Discussion General and open discussion for food handling and safety.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Poultry #1 culprit in food poisoining

Poultry fingered as No. 1 food poisoning culprit

By MIKE STOBBE, AP Medical Writer Mike Stobbe, Ap Medical Writer – 37 mins ago
ATLANTA – Cooking chicken on the grill this summer? Be careful. Health officials say poultry continues to be the leading culprit in [COLOR=#366388! important][COLOR=#366388! important]food [COLOR=#366388! important]poisoning [/COLOR][COLOR=#366388! important]outbreaks[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR].
Chicken, turkey and other poultry accounted for 17 percent of the foodborne illness outbreaks reported to the government. Beef and leafy vegetables were close behind, at 16 percent and 14 percent.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention released the data Thursday. It's based on reports from 48 states and Puerto Rico in 2007. But experts say it represents only a fraction of U.S. foodborne illnesses.

Powered by the West Coast Offense: Big Poppa Smokers and Simply Marvelous BBQ - "Walk with Us"

My weapons: Humphrey's Smokers
big brother smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
southernsmoker
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JO

Is it because they carry salmonella or because of their enviroment they're raised in? Our HD says not to bother rinsing poutry in your sink cause you're just spreading the problem..(unless they have obvious dirt on them)

Good article tks for posting..
Gone brick n mortar :crazy:
southernsmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #3
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good question: I know environment has something to with it, but it may be both. I need to research that one for definitive truth.