Snake river farms brisket

bam

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Was at SRF web site all brisket over 14 lbs sold out. Is everybody getting their brisket from them? Augus from RD again for us.

I can't wrap my head around $75 for a brisket. I'm sure it is better stuff that I'm getting, but I just can't bring myself to pulling the trigger on that one. My birthday is coming up though if anyone wants to treat me. :)

As for RD, mine carried both last time I was in there. $2.49 for Choice and $2.69 for Choice Angus.

Most RD locations do have a CAB (Certified Angus Brisket) and it is normally priced under $3.00 lb. (2.35-2.65) We competed exclusively with Wagu 2 seasons ago and I did not have any better results! I find the Wagu easier to cook with a lot more "money slices" from this product. I started the season with the SRF product and quickly changed to an East Texas vendor. I received a few questionable briskets from SRF,(very thin flat end) and turned in a CAB instead.
I am not convinced that the deifference in flavor, texture and smoke ring sell very well in Texas.

Most RD locations do have a CAB (Certified Angus Brisket) and it is normally priced under $3.00 lb. (2.35-2.65) We competed exclusively with Wagu 2 seasons ago and I did not have any better results! I find the Wagu easier to cook with a lot more "money slices" from this product. I started the season with the SRF product and quickly changed to an East Texas vendor. I received a few questionable briskets from SRF,(very thin flat end) and turned in a CAB instead.
I am not convinced that the deifference in flavor, texture and smoke ring sell very well in Texas.

it's not CAB @ RD. its "superior angus beef". not the same thing.

I have heard so much talk about Wagyu beef, that I recently decided to pull the trigger and buy one from SRF. I was willing to pay the $75 price - but it was gonna be $58 to ship it! :shock:

So, I had to forget that idea. I decided to just search for a nice prime-grade packer instead.

So what is "superior angus beef" if it's not CAB.

Angus Beef = cow was black when she hit the floor...right?

So what is "superior angus beef" if it's not CAB.

Angus Beef = cow was black when she hit the floor...right?

CAB is actually a brand produced by a large co-op. Superior Angus Beef is RD's brand of angus.

Back