Dry-Rubbed Rosemary Chicken (Pron)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So last night I picked up a young organic chicken at this Armenian specialty market I like - these chickens are the best I've ever had, anywhere, and cheap, too. They're quite small, kinda like an oversized game hen. I rubbed the bird with my new chicken rub, which in addition to the typical dry rub seasonings, also has a small amt of ground clove and cinnamon. Finally, I slid some fresh rosemary under the breast and thigh skin. Since I did this cook at my place and not the GF's, I used my new smoker can filled with pecan and oak chips. Here's before, during and after pics, along with two shots of the smoker can...enjoy!

Attachments

• IMG_0400a.jpg
    IMG_0400a.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0401a.jpg
    IMG_0401a.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0402a.jpg
    IMG_0402a.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0405a.jpg
    IMG_0405a.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0411a.jpg
    IMG_0411a.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0412a.jpg
    IMG_0412a.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 120
Looks like the improv smoker did real well. Nice color inside and out. I could eat the whole bird.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Loks like the improv smoker did real well. Nice color inside and out. I could eat the whole bird.:biggrin:
Well, now that you mention it, I DID eat the whole bird! I had only planned on 1/2, but it tasted as good as it looked, so I couldn't help myself...

yummmm. how does yer smoker work ? got an idea but would like yer explanation.

I see you are struttin' with some Gates rub there.
I stopped buying store bought rubs years ago - the Gates container serves as a storage device for my homemade rubs...

Back