MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #1
Ken V
Full Fledged Farker

Default Shannon, IL

Would like to Thank Rub with Swampboys BBQ and all the brethren I met this weekend. Had a great time and really enjoyed meeting all of you.
Learned a ton of stuff from Rub and it really stoked the fire for competition BBQ.
A special thanks to Todd(plowboys)Ron and parsley lady, Scottie and Liz Ann and the rest that helped out with supplies for Rub.

Thanks again,

Ken
Cubby blue Thermapen
UDS
XL UDS
22.5" weber X 2
Ken V is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #2
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Was a pleasure meeting all of you guys. What a great opportunity to learn from Rub. Class was always in session each time I came over to check in on you all. Rub's a pretty generous guy.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
monty3777
is One Chatty Farker

Good to see you again, Ken! Love your cooker.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:06 PM   #4
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

I just got home a couple of hours ago. Thanks for the nice words Ken.

What a great weekend Shannon was. First thing is to thank all of the generous folks who made it possible for me to be there. Ken and his bud Pat hauled their Stump's Smokers to the Field of Dreams for me so I could cook on what I know best. Scottie, what can I say? He made sure I had EVERYTHING, from EZ Ups, to a bed and sleeping bag, along with at least 20 other items. Oh yeah, he also delivered a cooler full of all my competition meats . He and Liz checked on me all weekend, the support was incredible. Also got support from my neighbors the Plowboy and Ron L. You guys all were a great help. Whenever I can repay the favor, just say the word.

It was an honor to be invited to cook in The Butt to Butt. Congrats to Darren on the big win!

I enjoyed having Ken, Pat, and Tim there with me. Besides being a big help, they were like sponges, wanting to take in as much as they could. It's fun spending time like that with like-minded people. Congratulations to all who were called. I was really happy with our results, all things considered. But most of all was happy to be able to experience the Field of Dreams with old and new friends.
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
Scottie
Quintessential Chatty Farker

You are more than welcome Rub. Although, I think I gave you my cooler of meat... Obviously, mine sucked....

Seriously, that is what comp BBQ is all about. I've had others give me the opportunity to fly in to a contest and I have gear that I need for a contest. Pay it forward is my motto.

So the next time you come up, just ask and you know you will have equipment ready. Now all I have to do is get down for a FBA contest.

Congrats on the calls.

Red Jambo one off
FE 100
FEC 100
WSM
Homer Simpson 22 " Weber Kettle
Red 18 1/2" Weber Kettle
Black 26 3/4" Weber Kettle
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #6
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Seriously, that is what comp BBQ is all about. I've had others give me the opportunity to fly in to a contest and I have gear that I need for a contest. Pay it forward is my motto.
I was thinking the same thing on the way home. If someone wants to know what comp BBQ is all about, I'd point them to things like teams helping teams, good luck shots, and one of my all time favorites is when teams shout "good luck" to everyone they pass to and from turn ins. That kind of sportsmanship is what I want folks to see. Good stuff.

Anytime, Rub. I've appreciated our growing friendship over this last year.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote