MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-07-2020, 12:54 PM   #61
NYC 'Que
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : T.J.
Default Shirley Fabrication Waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBQscott View Post
Well for a $2,000 cooker that’s only $80 in savings for state tax. Not a big deal at all. I think it will work out fine for me to pick it up at Shirley for multiple reason. 1. My wife is begging the cross country trip with the kids, 2. I get to meet some of the fine folks at Shirley! It would be quite the experience because I haven’t driven farther then Wyoming. I can see how the $5,000 cookers would be better off shipped for this reason, especially if Kevin charges a flat rate of 1k per cooker, though I’m sure that changes on size.

I’ll just add this, I’d pay high shipping for a Shirley. It’s arguably the best reverse flow cooker around and will last forever. What’s an extra 900 bucks when you’re cooking on it in 30 years?

If I wanted a reverse flow, it’d be a Shirley and I’d pay Kevin to deliver it to New York regardless of cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 08-07-2020, 01:46 PM   #62
BBQscott
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC 'Que View Post
I’ll just add this, I’d pay high shipping for a Shirley. It’s arguably the best reverse flow cooker around and will last forever. What’s an extra 900 bucks when you’re cooking on it in 30 years?

If I wanted a reverse flow, it’d be a Shirley and I’d pay Kevin to deliver it to New York regardless of cost.

Well I wouldn’t just say “what’s an extra 900” because that’s a lot of money for a lot of people. I’m really not trying to argue that Kevins rates are high. I really have no clue because I haven’t gotten that far in researching shipping carriers. This is just my own personal opinion, that if I’m going to spend 1k on shipping a cooker, I “personally” would rather have the experience of driving and getting it. I would rather pay $1,200 for a fun experience. Though I’m only 31 so I still have a lot to experience in this world, I get most people probably hate driving, where I love it.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:56 PM   #63
NYC 'Que

Quote:
Well I wouldn’t just say “what’s an extra 900” because that’s a lot of money for a lot of people. I’m really not trying to argue that Kevins rates are high. I really have no clue because I haven’t gotten that far in researching shipping carriers. This is just my own personal opinion, that if I’m going to spend 1k on shipping a cooker, I “personally” would rather have the experience of driving and getting it. I would rather pay $1,200 for a fun experience. Though I’m only 31 so I still have a lot to experience in this world, I get most people probably hate driving, where I love it.

I’m not down playing the 900 nor am I saying that Kevin’s rates are high. I own a business, believe me when I tell you I know about having to turn a profit. But, in reality, you’re looking at minimum 500-600 dollars to ship any cooker (similar size)
from out of state. Why not pay 300 more for what you really want?

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-07-2020, 01:58 PM   #64
BBQscott
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
I’m not down playing the 900 nor am I saying that Kevin’s rates are high. I own a business, believe me when I tell you I know about having to turn a profit. But, in reality, you’re looking at minimum 500-600 dollars to ship any cooker (similar size)
from out of state. Why not pay 300 more for what you really want?

You’re absolutely right. If I was going to get my cooker shipped, hands down I’m going to go with the person who is literally being recommended by Shirley owners. I would easily wait another 3-6months to save up the extra costs. So in that regard, I completely agree, if you have to get it shipped, I would pay extra to know that my baby is in good hands lol.

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-07-2020, 02:54 PM   #65
NYC 'Que

Quote:
You’re absolutely right. If I was going to get my cooker shipped, hands down I’m going to go with the person who is literally being recommended by Shirley owners. I would easily wait another 3-6months to save up the extra costs. So in that regard, I completely agree, if you have to get it shipped, I would pay extra to know that my baby is in good hands lol.

Please don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t trying to be cavalier with your hard earned money. But when we’re dealing with a “dream” purchase, we’re better off saving longer and getting exactly what we want.

Old 08-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #66
BBQscott
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Please don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t trying to be cavalier with your hard earned money. But when we’re dealing with a “dream” purchase, we’re better off saving longer and getting exactly what we want.

I hear you Tj! All in all, I cannot wait soon enough until this Cooker is in my yard. Ive been dreaming about it for 4 years... I’m so close to getting one!

Old 08-07-2020, 03:08 PM   #67
NYC 'Que

Quote:
I hear you Tj! All in all, I cannot wait soon enough until this Cooker is in my yard. Ive been dreaming about it for 4 years... I’m so close to getting one!

And you’ll get it! And you’ll be ecstatic!!!