MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #76
FattyMcFatty
Full Fledged Farker

Man, that is awesome. Love all the pics! That's the way you do it

I can't take it anymore, I'll be sending my deposit in tomorrow
FattyMcFatty is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #77
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcFatty View Post
Man, that is awesome. Love all the pics! That's the way you do it

I can't take it anymore, I'll be sending my deposit in tomorrow
Hell yea! you will not regret it!

Come Join the fun in the Throwdowns!

Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master

Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-20-2015, 10:14 PM   #78
HOG FAN
is one Smokin' Farker

It restores my faith in humanity to see a family owned and operated business that genuinely takes pride in what they do. Not only do they build a beautiful functional product, but they go above and beyond to accommodate their customers throughout the entire process and open their home to their customers. This just doesn't happen anymore. A real class act from beginning to end and I applaud the Shirley family for what they do.

Old 04-21-2015, 12:03 AM   #79
dadymat
On the road to being a farker

thats a beauty, and a well done post.....I sent in my specs today ,will be dropping my deposit tomorrow, so Ill be joining the family soon, God willin and the creeks dont rise ....gonna trek from Ft Worth for mine
dadymat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2015, 05:16 AM   #80
Shagdog

That's great! Now the hardest part. The wait!

Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

Old 04-21-2015, 05:57 AM   #81
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOG FAN View Post
It restores my faith in humanity to see a family owned and operated business that genuinely takes pride in what they do. Not only do they build a beautiful functional product, but they go above and beyond to accommodate their customers throughout the entire process and open their home to their customers. This just doesn't happen anymore. A real class act from beginning to end and I applaud the Shirley family for what they do.

Thx.... I am still kinda old school.... I wish we could all still do everything on a handshake... I enjoy meeting my customers.. And like it to be personal.... I have had excellent experiences with my customers... I tell people the guy you see in the videos.. That. Is me... Nothing fancy... What you see is what you get...... The bbq community has a great bunch of folks .... And this site is second to none..... Just really good people... Man if this world could mimic the folks here.... We would be heading in the right direction

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2015, 07:48 AM   #82
aawa
Babbling Farker

I think the backlog of orders shows that you are doing business the right way. There hasn't been anybody that has bought a cooker from you that has had anything bad to say about them.

I'm slowly but shirley (see what I did there?) saving money and hopefully sometime next year I can make the call to do business with you!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 AM   #83
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Looks great! I was going to suggest you take the tailgate off before unloading. But it seems like you've realized that now!

Old 04-21-2015, 08:30 AM   #84
AZRaptor
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeff

Grats on a great looking smoker. With all of the moving you did with the smoker getting it home and in place did you have any difficulties with the caster style wheels? Had you considered the wagon wheel option? I'm building up the spec list for mine and trying to finalize my option list, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on it.
"[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3394956&postcount=48"]Eleanor[/URL]" my [URL="http://www.ShirleyFabrication.com"]Shirley Fabrication[/URL] 24x50 RF Straight Back Cabinet Smoker
[URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/"]Blaz’n Grill Works[/URL] [URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/the-grid-iron/"]Grid Iron[/URL] Pellet smoker
AZRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2015, 08:39 AM   #85
Shagdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRaptor View Post
Grats on a great looking smoker. With all of the moving you did with the smoker getting it home and in place did you have any difficulties with the caster style wheels? Had you considered the wagon wheel option? I'm building up the spec list for mine and trying to finalize my option list, so I'd appreciate your thoughts on it.
It was not an issue. Here's why. The smoker is totally balanced on those big tires. You can pick it up with one hand from the small end. Moving it is simple as pie, until you are on grass. Kinda sucks on grass but I think it would no matter what. It's heavy. I really like the handle better for space saving. I can not compare it against the wagon wheel as I haven't used it, but I can say this works fine.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:21 AM   #86
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Even your avatar is awesome! Now you are just showing off Shag.
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #87
Enrico Brandizzi
Babbling Farker

Congratulations for the new pits! All that meat looks perfect from here! Complimenti.

BBQness is on Youtube, Instagram & Flickr [/B]
Enrico Brandizzi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2015, 03:10 PM   #88
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Congrats on the new cooker.

Shirley fab's workmanship is outstanding. Great looking grub too.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2015, 09:59 AM   #89
Shagdog

Question for you fellow Shirley owners.. Any of you guys paint your fire pokers? I'm thinking it will keep the rust at bay..

Old 04-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #90
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post
Question for you fellow Shirley owners.. Any of you guys paint your fire pokers? I'm thinking it will keep the rust at bay..
no

I put it in the smoke chamber after use if the pit is been kept outside
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24 x 50, Cabinet, reverse flow, Shirley fabrication, smoker, wagon wheel