Pichana Steaks

SouthernSmokeRings

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My local butcher in NC has Pichana steaks for $10.99#, is that a good deal? I've never tried these but have read about them and seen photos on here of them being cooked. Thinking of going over and picking up some but wanted to get the Brethren's feedback before purchasing.

Also, any tips on purchasing these and or cooking? I have a Weber genesis w/ a rotisserie as well as a PBC so any suggestions for cooking would be welcomed.

For where I live the pricing is good - but shortribs/oxtail start at $9.99/lb so YMMV. From videos I've seen the rotisserie is the way to go and any chance you get (initial trim, putting it on the spit, slicing when done) work so cuts will be against the grain.

My local butcher in NC has Pichana steaks for $10.99#, is that a good deal? I've never tried these but have read about them and seen photos on here of them being cooked. Thinking of going over and picking up some but wanted to get the Brethren's feedback before purchasing.

Also, any tips on purchasing these and or cooking? I have a Weber genesis w/ a rotisserie as well as a PBC so any suggestions for cooking would be welcomed.

Pricey imho unless it's prime. I usually pay between 4.25 to 5.99 per pound

Back