The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
mavrick1903
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Doug
Default Anyone heard of Ironside Smokers?

http://www.ironsidesmokers.com/home.html

Might be more info out there, but I'm still too much a newbie to be allowed to search (that's a weird thing btw)

I found them within the last week, and only realized today that the're 25 min from me so it's one I can go and view (soon as I figure out schedule) and can pick up if I choose them.
mavrick1903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 11:38 AM   #2
BeardedBassGuy
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavrick1903 View Post

Might be more info out there, but I'm still too much a newbie to be allowed to search (that's a weird thing btw)

I found them within the last week, and only realized today that the're 25 min from me so it's one I can go and view (soon as I figure out schedule) and can pick up if I choose them.
They have a good reputation here from what I have seen.

Also, the site specific google search at the bottom of the page is open to everyone I think. And it's fairly standard on several message boards.

Current setup is a home brew octagonal reverse flow offset made by an old friend.

On the Shirley Fab wait list.
BeardedBassGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-17-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joel

Yep, he is a member here. Took a lot of feedback from the experts on this forum when he was perfecting his design.

People on here who have purchased one seem happy!

Edit: Check out this thread https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=243278

Please consider a subscription!

Brisket is sacred, don't **** with brisket!

On a foggy day with stick burners in front of businesses and at houses burping Mesquite, Pecan, and Oak- the thin blue laying hazily near the ground- outstanding. - 16Adams
Stlsportster is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 01:10 PM   #4
Beentown
is One Chatty Farker

I'd buy from them if close.
Molon Labe!
Beentown is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 02:37 PM   #5
luv2smoke
Full Fledged Farker

If the cooker meets your criteria I think it would be a no brainer to go local as you'd save shipping cost from other builders?

Old 04-17-2018, 03:46 PM   #6
mavrick1903
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Doug

Thanks @Stlsportster. I read through all six pages.

@luv2smoke, I agree completely. and they do look good. I'll actually be able to get my hands on the damn thing in advance.
mavrick1903 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 05:30 PM   #7
KevinJ
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Thanks @Stlsportster. I read through all six pages.

@luv2smoke, I agree completely. and they do look good. I'll actually be able to get my hands on the damn thing in advance.
And not have to pay for freight.
Weber Go-Anywhere

All American Moinkballer
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 06:08 PM   #8
Toast
somebody shut me the fark up.

Looks like they are based in WI. Mighty be handy for the Brethren up that way.
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
GrillEye Bluetooth Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Toast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2018, 06:16 PM   #9
Sid Post
is one Smokin' Farker

Thinking about one myself since Shirley's are 2+ years out. LSG and Pitmaker are the two I have been looking at after considering the shipping expense with a Humphrey's model.

Old 04-17-2018, 08:11 PM   #10
Toast
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Post View Post
Thinking about one myself since Shirley's are 2+ years out. LSG and Pitmaker are the two I have been looking at after considering the shipping expense with a Humphrey's model.
Check out the Backwoods made right up the road from me. Might save some freight.

https://www.google.com/search?q=back...nt=firefox-b-1
Wife LuzziAnn 1956 model.
GrillEye Bluetooth Temp Monitor, Superfast LSU Purple Thermapen & ThermaPop, Party Q

Last edited by Toast; 04-17-2018 at 08:31 PM..
Toast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 05:58 AM   #11
Sooner21
On the road to being a farker

Looks like Ironside jacked their prices up.... by a lot. They said partly due to a three month wait. I'm glad there are builders like the Shirley's around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sooner21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #12
IFlyEm
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:

You have to have an annual membership to use the normal search function. Otherwise you can use the Google search bar at the bottom of the page.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #13
TuscaloosaQ
Babbling Farker

Ill say this.... if I was in the market for a cabinet... they would be right at the top of my list... I know quality when I see it....

Check out our website at ShirleyFabrication.com

Like our Facebook Page Facebook.com/ShirleyFabrication
TuscaloosaQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-25-2018, 01:46 PM   #14
Anthodavis
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Anthony

I’ve been studying them for a while. Spoke on phone , email, and text messages to both the owners several times. Have put my name down for thier CDR model myself and I couldn’t be more confident in my choice.
I believe if you look at the standard options they offer on thier smokers it makes it one of the best deals available. Stainless grates, tie downs , heat diffuser, Pneumatic wheels, Don’t look like a lot but price the options on other brands and you see it makes a huge difference.
They have been nothing but accommodating and courteous to my numerous questions. My emails have been answered immediately, most within an hour.
My biggest hold back was the distance and freight. But looking at smokers close enough to pickup myself I surpass the freight cost adding options to get up to the standard of Ironside’s.
I have looked for years for the right smoker to invest in and the ironside CDR is all the smokers I have considered before and more with the ability to smoke with wood.
You should call them if your truly interested. It’s awesome to speak to someone who is not only excited about thier product but willing to bend over backwards to help you.
Anthodavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-25-2018, 01:52 PM   #15
Anthodavis
Got Wood.

Name/Nickname : Anthony

I’ve been studying them for a while. Spoke on phone , email, and text messages to both the owners several times. Have put my name down for thier CDR model myself and I couldn’t be more confident in my choice.
I believe if you look at the standard options they offer on thier smokers it makes it one of the best deals available. Stainless grates, tie downs , heat diffuser, Pneumatic wheels, Don’t look like a lot but price the options on other brands and you see it makes a huge difference.
They have been nothing but accommodating and courteous to my numerous questions. My emails have been answered immediately, most within an hour.
My biggest hold back was the distance and freight. But looking at smokers close enough to pickup myself I surpass the freight cost adding options to get up to the standard of Ironside’s.
I have looked for years for the right smoker to invest in and the ironside CDR is all the smokers I have considered before and more with the ability to smoke with wood.
You should call them if your truly interested. It’s awesome to speak to someone who is not only excited about thier product but willing to bend over backwards to help you.
Anthodavis is offline   Reply With Quote