Anyone heard of Ironside Smokers?

mavrick1903

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
http://www.ironsidesmokers.com/home.html

Might be more info out there, but I'm still too much a newbie to be allowed to search (that's a weird thing btw)

I found them within the last week, and only realized today that the're 25 min from me so it's one I can go and view (soon as I figure out schedule) and can pick up if I choose them.

http://www.ironsidesmokers.com/home.html

Might be more info out there, but I'm still too much a newbie to be allowed to search (that's a weird thing btw)

I found them within the last week, and only realized today that the're 25 min from me so it's one I can go and view (soon as I figure out schedule) and can pick up if I choose them.

They have a good reputation here from what I have seen.

Also, the site specific google search at the bottom of the page is open to everyone I think. And it's fairly standard on several message boards.

If the cooker meets your criteria I think it would be a no brainer to go local as you'd save shipping cost from other builders?

Thanks @Stlsportster. I read through all six pages.

@luv2smoke, I agree completely. and they do look good. I'll actually be able to get my hands on the damn thing in advance.

Thanks @Stlsportster. I read through all six pages.

@luv2smoke, I agree completely. and they do look good. I'll actually be able to get my hands on the damn thing in advance.
And not have to pay for freight. :thumb:

Thinking about one myself since Shirley's are 2+ years out. LSG and Pitmaker are the two I have been looking at after considering the shipping expense with a Humphrey's model.

Last edited:
Looks like Ironside jacked their prices up.... by a lot. They said partly due to a three month wait. I'm glad there are builders like the Shirley's around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been studying them for a while. Spoke on phone , email, and text messages to both the owners several times. Have put my name down for thier CDR model myself and I couldn’t be more confident in my choice.
I believe if you look at the standard options they offer on thier smokers it makes it one of the best deals available. Stainless grates, tie downs , heat diffuser, Pneumatic wheels, Don’t look like a lot but price the options on other brands and you see it makes a huge difference.
They have been nothing but accommodating and courteous to my numerous questions. My emails have been answered immediately, most within an hour.
My biggest hold back was the distance and freight. But looking at smokers close enough to pickup myself I surpass the freight cost adding options to get up to the standard of Ironside’s.
I have looked for years for the right smoker to invest in and the ironside CDR is all the smokers I have considered before and more with the ability to smoke with wood.
You should call them if your truly interested. It’s awesome to speak to someone who is not only excited about thier product but willing to bend over backwards to help you.

I’ve been studying them for a while. Spoke on phone , email, and text messages to both the owners several times. Have put my name down for thier CDR model myself and I couldn’t be more confident in my choice.
I believe if you look at the standard options they offer on thier smokers it makes it one of the best deals available. Stainless grates, tie downs , heat diffuser, Pneumatic wheels, Don’t look like a lot but price the options on other brands and you see it makes a huge difference.
They have been nothing but accommodating and courteous to my numerous questions. My emails have been answered immediately, most within an hour.
My biggest hold back was the distance and freight. But looking at smokers close enough to pickup myself I surpass the freight cost adding options to get up to the standard of Ironside’s.
I have looked for years for the right smoker to invest in and the ironside CDR is all the smokers I have considered before and more with the ability to smoke with wood.
You should call them if your truly interested. It’s awesome to speak to someone who is not only excited about thier product but willing to bend over backwards to help you.

Back