Blackstone 36 - Decision Time

SmokinJohn

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am going to pull the trigger, but I have to get rid of one of my rigs.

I have a double barrel that I built that just serves as storage.

I have a Charbrolier charcoal grill that is used as my fire barrel to start chimneys.

Which one of these do I ditch?

Do I man up and tell my wife I'm getting another rig, and not getting rid of either? Or do I shut my pie hole, knowing I have another rig stashed at work that will come home someday, and fight that battle and not this one?

Lots of different ways to start chimneys.... Storage is always a premium IMHO.

I always figure is it worth the battle or do I come back another day Sometimes its better to back up an punt Which one are you going to want the most in the future
Or will she just say OK

subscribed just to see the outcome...

if i am going to get rid of one it would be one that is a duplicate or one that serves the same purpose of another.

I always figure is it worth the battle or do I come back another day Sometimes its better to back up an punt Which one are you going to want the most in the future
Or will she just say OK

You know you're a poet?

It's not worth the battle, in reality. I just like having lots of rigs. And I still have a UDS, a gasser, a Mini-UDS, an ECB, the bottom of an OTS (Boxed), and the gasser at work. So, I will say goodbye to one of the two rigs.

I figure that the way my job is going, learning to cook on a flat top may pay the bills for a while.

Is there room in the budget to get something that she has been wanting? That would be my first course of action, then maybe the one that starts chimneys if that doesn't work.

subscribed just to see the outcome...

if i am going to get rid of one it would be one that is a duplicate or one that serves the same purpose of another.

LOL.

You *know* how this is going to turn out.......

Is there room in the budget to get something that she has been wanting? That would be my first course of action, then maybe the one that starts chimneys if that doesn't work.

You have been married a long time. I hadn't thought of that.

Ding, ding, ding...We have a winner.
That's why my wife never objects. I always end up getting her something when I get something expensive. And here I thought I was the smart one... :doh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey, I agree to get her something too. This is how I am able to look for a new smoker today. I agreed with my CEO/CFO (wife) to hire an interior designer and her general contractor to do our two living rooms and patio(completed). Now the COO (Me) will purchase a new smoker.:-D

Ed

The Blackstones are a breakfast cooking machine.
Buy the wife something too is a winner.
You can also light a chimney with a propane torch.

Christmas is coming. Buy the blackstone as a gift for her. That way its not another one of your cookers cluttering up the yard

Best advice I've ever gotten...... It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!! :wink:

get the blackstone, ditch the charbroil. that griddle almost made my gasser obsolete. best way to fix burgers, awesome for breakfast, worth every penny.

Best advice I've ever gotten...... It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!! :wink:

generally I agree with this and have played this card a few times. however, from experience, you can only play that card a few times on large purchases before it gets worn out when you show up suddenly with an unauthorized $10k snowmobile. :thumb:

which do u prefer???Ask for permission or beg for forgiveness??

IMHO, its alot easier to be forgiven for the past than get permission for what hasnt transpired...kinda like the spilled milk analogy..

My begging for forgiveness cards ran out about 5 years ago.

But to update what happened:

My dad has taken ill, so I am dividing my time between him and Jennifer (Mrs. Smokin John to those who do not know). For the near future, I can't see adding another rig, until I know he is stable or ready to transition elsewhere.

So, I will live vicariously through the other Blackstone owners....

Thank all of you for your feedback. It was a great help.

Back