Long Island, NY Briskets

Shaun Vedchas

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Scored 2 large "flats" at Costco in Melville. An 11lb and an 8lb. A fellow brethren asked if there were any left in that size and I gave him one in the spirit of bbq! Hope they continue to carry them!

I work right here and usually hit BJ's or Restaurant Depot. Will have to check it out.

The BJs in setauket usually has 7+ ones, but RD has the real deal, seen some 12+lb ones there.

Here are my go to brisket places on Long Island:
Restaurant Depot - Choice CAB Whole Packers
Walmart Supermarket - Occasionally they have Chioce Whole packers but usually they just sell flats.
BJs - Choice Flats Only
Western Beef - Select Whole Packers
Fairway - Choice and Prime Flats Only but they are pricey

There are not a lot of choices for whole packers.

I asked the butcher at Fairway, they will order a whole packer but they are $9.99/lb. A&S in Bellmore said the same.

I see them at Costco all the time(Holbrook). I would rather get a 14lb + brisket for $3*&^ (not sure current prices) then pay the same overall amount for just a 8lb flat. Now if it was just a point I would probably grab one up.

Thanks for all the info guys! I was just excited to see some that weren't 3-5lbs. These were USDA Choice @ $5.99/lb. Turned out great on the WSM with cherry and hickory wood! Cheers!

Northeast sucks for finding packers. Restaurant depot seems to be the best place to get them.

Farmingdale Meat Market sometimes carries and/or will order you packers. Last summer they ran a deal for 3.99 a pound for choice.

We've been competing since 2006 and have always gone to Restaurant Depot. Its the only consistent place and with my location I have to dedicate time to any one of the stores so I go where I have always been satisfied.

What is A&S in Bellmore?

I was in Ret Depot on Sunday and they had some nice packers in the 14lb range.

Back