First time brisket

I think it turned out well for my first time! I really need to play around with wood and see what I like most with certain meats.

Moisture/doneness looks good in that slice. How was it in the slices that only included flat? That is really the place to tell. Did you like the bark? It looks like it could have used a little bit more rub, but many prefer it with less so that is just my opinion. Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Looks good from

How was it on the plate?

I'm trying to talk myself into another brisket. My last few made really good chili :oops:

For popin your Brisket cherry I'd think you did just fine. By appearance I'd say the smoke ring is nice, the bark cold be slightly more developed & moisture looks good. For me It would have needed to go a little longer, that slice looks a might tight. Did it probe tender??? Really all that means nothing since the proof is in the eating, what really matters it what you and your hoard of eaters thought. Hows the catfishin in lake Grenada this fall??

Well it looks juicy enough, I wonder though if it was a little chewy or was it tender? The reason I ask is that the grain in that slice seems a tiny bit on the tight side for a slice of the point and may possibly be under cooked a little but going by a single photo of a single slice I can't be sure.:noidea:
At any rate, it definitely looks good enough to eat and I'd say you did a heck of a job on your first brisket!:thumb:

The meat was a little tight and as for the grill temp I was using the thermometer that came on the grill... It prob could have cooked just a little longer. Bludawg thanks and not sure how the fishing is in Grenada but Sardis was okay this year!

Looks good, especially if it was your first one. The most important is always how you and your guests liked it.

Looks great, hope it tasted good, might want to invest in a digital pit/meat thermometer. The mechanical ones seems to crap out after while. Keep it up, love the pics.

Back