MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-24-2015, 01:04 AM   #91
JoeMap
Knows what a fatty is.

+100 on the great pics and story.

When I see the unloading pics I can only think: Mine will have to be a trailer model or I'll find myself under it when unloading.

The problem with surfing the brethren site before going to bed...is looking at all the great pron and getting hungry!!

Beautiful pit! Love that quality!

JoeMap

Thanks from: --->

Old 04-24-2015, 03:27 AM   #92
LoneStarMojo
is one Smokin' Farker

Much like the new unit, this entire post surely is a thing of beauty. And BEST helper ever. Congrats on buying what looks to be a legacy smoker that'll be handed down to your son and one day maybe his own children. A piece of art, technically crafted like that is not just a tool to cook with. Not only does it give you a chance to cook something tasty, but its a focal point for your family and friends to gather round and socialize and make memories.
cuz it's not the end..."

Modified Char-Griller / Whalen 37.5" King Kettle [url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108709[/url] / Very near future UDS & 6' x 37" 325 gallon offset projects.
LoneStarMojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-24-2015, 07:18 AM   #93
DJF
Knows what a fatty is.

Totally awesome! Man they make a nice smoker.!! The food looks great and a nice pic of very dry wood. Good for you.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:17 AM   #94
IFlyEm
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Shag,

What upgrades did you have done? Is this the 2 shelf warmer or the raised one? Anything you would do differently if you were to buy another one?

I'm looking to order this model. Just want to make sure I get it done right.

This is my build:

Patio 24″x50″ Cabinet
Insulated Firebox w/ 3/4" plate door
Cabinet Doors
Warmer (28” tall) (2 shelf / patio model)
Rotated Warmer (facing the same way as chamber door/doors)
Both Dampers (Firebox to Warmer, Chamber to Warmer)
Stainless steel Shelf in front of cook chamber
Wood basket on back side of cook chamber
Extra Thermometers (per thermometer) - 3 thermometers total
Probe inserts - 3 total (1 per each cabinet door)

Thanks
IFlyEm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2016, 04:16 AM   #95
Titch
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Titch :-)

Not sure how I missed this.
That's one pretty looking smoker, great enthusiastic helper as well.
bet the Dogs hoped he would make a mess while shredding.
Congrats mate

Old 04-28-2016, 04:53 AM   #96
Wags05
Knows what a fatty is.

Somehow I missed this as well - awesome post/pics. Impressive up close of the welding.

Old 04-28-2016, 07:40 AM   #97
Shagdog
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFlyEm View Post
Shag,

What upgrades did you have done? Is this the 2 shelf warmer or the raised one? Anything you would do differently if you were to buy another one?

I'm looking to order this model. Just want to make sure I get it done right.

This is my build:

Patio 24″x50″ Cabinet
Insulated Firebox w/ 3/4" plate door
Cabinet Doors
Warmer (28” tall) (2 shelf / patio model)
Rotated Warmer (facing the same way as chamber door/doors)
Both Dampers (Firebox to Warmer, Chamber to Warmer)
Stainless steel Shelf in front of cook chamber
Wood basket on back side of cook chamber
Extra Thermometers (per thermometer) - 3 thermometers total
Probe inserts - 3 total (1 per each cabinet door)

Thanks

The only thing I regret is not getting the stainless shelf, which you're getting.

I have the 3 shelf warmer, I would get that.. The upgrade price is nominal. I also have the sausage hangers, which I use a lot.

Get the dampers if you're not. They are very useful.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Silver]
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Shagdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #98
W.I.T.W.A.G?
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeff

a post that leaves nothing to the imagination. Thank you. holy build quality!

Why Is The Whiskey Always Gone?
[url]http://www.ironsidesmokers.com[/url]
W.I.T.W.A.G? is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2016, 04:12 AM   #99
IFlyEm
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shagdog View Post
The only thing I regret is not getting the stainless shelf, which you're getting.

I have the 3 shelf warmer, I would get that.. The upgrade price is nominal. I also have the sausage hangers, which I use a lot.

Get the dampers if you're not. They are very useful.
Thanks for the info!

Would it be possible for you to shoot a measurement of width at your tires? I need to see if I can reconstruct my gate to get it in my backyard with the tables removed.

Thanks!!!
IFlyEm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2016, 07:30 AM   #100
Shagdog

Sure, I'll measure them tonight. Off hand I would guess they are about 40" to the outside edge... Just a guess though

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2]Shirley Fabrication 24x70 Trailer - UDS - Weber Kettle - WGA - Fire Pit Rotisserie - Shirley-Shagstone Griddle/Wok Cart - Carson Rodizio

[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=Black]2016 Official BBQ Brethren Ribeye Master[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Old 04-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #101
CakeM1x
is One Chatty Farker

Helluva first cook breaking it in Matt
CakeM1x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 12:30 AM   #102
bonz50
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Tony

Shag,

doing some searching on SF smokers and I came across this ~old~ thread, come to find out you're literally right down the road from me, maybe 8-10 miles. I've just begun discussions with Tyler and am working on getting my config together so I can get my place in line when my Christmas bonus arrives in a couple weeks.

Great pics, you've had this now for a couple years, any changes you'd make on your config at this point?? I'm still on the fence about patio vs trailer model. at the moment I'm leaning toward a 65x24 trailer but a 55x24 patio like your might do it also. i've got time to decide final config of course and I'm sure several conversations will be had with Tyler and/or Paul. Can't wait!!

[B]WSM 18.5", Weber Genesis Gold B, Blackstone 36" griddle, OK Joe Longhorn
[/B]
bonz50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 06:09 AM   #103
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonz50 View Post
Shag,

doing some searching on SF smokers and I came across this ~old~ thread, come to find out you're literally right down the road from me, maybe 8-10 miles. I've just begun discussions with Tyler and am working on getting my config together so I can get my place in line when my Christmas bonus arrives in a couple weeks.

Great pics, you've had this now for a couple years, any changes you'd make on your config at this point?? I'm still on the fence about patio vs trailer model. at the moment I'm leaning toward a 65x24 trailer but a 55x24 patio like your might do it also. i've got time to decide final config of course and I'm sure several conversations will be had with Tyler and/or Paul. Can't wait!!
Get the deposit in. Every week is another week longer you wait. They only require a very small deposit. The final details never really get decided until your build starts as you will change it several times. My 24x55 with 4 racks can fit a ton and it has a smaller footprint.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 06:35 AM   #104
Stlsportster
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Parental Assigned Label

Bonz. This thread is so old, that Shag actually sold that Shirley and has another one since then.
Check out the new one here in this thread.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/s...d.php?t=248790
Stlsportster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #105
Shagdog

ha ha ha. Looks like I don't even have to respond. Definitely get your deposit in ASAP. The wait is like 20 months or something crazy like that. Doesn't matter what kind you want, they don't really need to know that until they start building. It will all change between now and then.

My second one shows you all the things I would change from the first one. My biggest mistake was not getting the Stainless shelf. The expanded steel shelf really sucks. My second mistake was that 50 was too short for me. I roast a hog in the summers and it won't fit on a 50. A 60" or bigger works good though. Since I was going bigger I got it on a trailer for when we do charity cooks and whatnot.

If you want to see the trailer, feel free to shoot me a PM. The 24x50 is out in wonderlake with a friend of mine if you want to see it too.. And ChicagoKP lives around the corner from me and he has a 24x60 trailer that is very similar to my 24x70 if you wanted to see it.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Tags
24 x 50, Cabinet, reverse flow, Shirley fabrication, smoker, wagon wheel