Trader Joe's Bacon Wrapped Porchetta Pork Roast

I do my own with a pork loin roast, always a winner and leftovers make good Sammies! Wish I knew how to post a pic for y'all

Upload the picture to Photobucket (or a similar site) and then copy the IMG Code from Photobucket and paste it into a post here.

:becky:
The TJ's near me had quite a few left yesterday. I picked up another one for the freezer.

The link in the first post says "garlic, lemon, sage, oregano, and rosemary". I'm going to use that as a starting point when I make my own.

Lucky you, doesn't surprise me at all that Chicago received a larger allocation than little ol' Gainesville, FL :becky: I found a good looking/sounding recipe by Mario Batali with sweet Italian sausage, onion, fennel, rosemary Italian spice, S&P for the stuffing. Just put a 5 pounder on the 26.75 OTG. We will see what it looks like around 6:30 :thumb:

Went to my local TJ's yesterday and lo and behold, they still had some!:thumb:

Thanks for the heads up, Ronelle!!

Was talking with the cashier and he asked how I was going to cook it. I told him I was going to smoke it, so he went back and grabbed one for himself to make for Christmas dinner for his family. Come to find out, we have the same WSM, so I gave him some tips. He said he used to have a brinkmann POS, admitted defeat, broke down and bought the Weber. I told him not to go over 155° and let it rest for 30 min.. He was thankful for the tip as he was going to take it to 195°.

This should make a great Christmas dinner!

edit: in full honesty, I bought two...:icon_blush::twisted:

Went to my local TJ's yesterday and lo and behold, they still had some!:thumb:

Thanks for the heads up, Ronelle!!

Was talking with the cashier and he asked how I was going to cook it. I told him I was going to smoke it, so he went back and grabbed one for himself to make for Christmas dinner for his family. Come to find out, we have the same WSM, so I gave him some tips. He said he used to have a brinkmann POS, admitted defeat, broke down and bought the Weber. I told him not to go over 155° and let it rest for 30 min.. He was thankful for the tip as he was going to take it to 195°.

This should make a great Christmas dinner!

edit: in full honesty, I bought two...:icon_blush::twisted:

Nice! Since its a rolled shoulder it would probably ok at higher temps.

I hope that you enjoy it!

Nice! Since its a rolled shoulder it would probably ok at higher temps.

I hope that you enjoy it!

I was thinking the same but the possibility of falling apart is what would concern me.

Back