PK Grills or the PK300?

Sid Post

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I see lots of discussion on Weber Kettles for good reason but, I'm wondering about PK Grills. Looking at the little portable got me to the PK300.

Is anyone running a PK Grill? How about the new PK300 which looks like it is in early release with a ~$450 retail street price? The main attraction for me to this new model is the 3" of extra height among the new features.

I'm thinking something like this would be a good complement to my 26" Weber Kettle and while the cart isn't transportable friendly, the PK300 capsule would lift off easy for transport and I'm thinking I could set it up on a little home fabbed frame for travel use. Grilling and smoking dual use when "car camping" would be nice as well whenever the COVID madness subsides where I can travel more.

TIA,
Sid

I bought a PK360 right before they released the 300. I would have bought the 300 if I had known it was coming. From what I have found online the 300 is worth the money over the original.

I have not seen a 300 in person, but we have two PK360 and two PK Go and love them all! The 300 is interesting because of the extra height. That is one reason why I went with the 360 instead of the classic.

All of the PK grills are great cooking machines! I use ours for grilling as well as indirect cooking. The configuration is different than a kettle due to the shape, but it can doo the same things plus PK is all aluminum and will never rust, and it can be washed out when it gets gunky inside :-D

Have you looked at the PKTX? The cart for it is portable and it sits higher than the original cart. I've had the TX for a couple years and it has seen almost daily use. I have considered both the 360 and now the 300 because of the updated vents and overall cool factor, but I haven't found enough of a reason to pull the trigger yet.

I have the PKTX and have been very happy with it. Good friend has the 360 and loves it as well. To me it just comes down to how much space do you need? The 360 is significantly bigger and the vents are easier to access.

Glad to see they are adding some new grills to the lineup! If they had the PKGO when I ordered mine, I would likely have gotten a 360 for the house and a GO for the road. I like to take my TX whenever we travel, especially to a rental with an unknown grill situation or when we fish/camp.

Excellent grills. Cant go wrong I dont think!

Been running one of the original PK since 1968.
Cant count how many replacement grates, maybe 8.
Mine has only been working for 53 years, and I inherited my FIL's PK from the same era.
His hinged from the end, and mine hinges from the rear.
His is rounded on corners, and mine has square hard corners kind of like a box.
I use them as grills.

2 PK's still working for over 50 years. I'll let you know next year if they seem to be holding up well enough to recommend:-D

I have an original. Great grills. You can't go wrong, but I'd surely like the extra 3' height.

That PK looks real sweet for steaks. I'm assuming the PK 300 is the one coming out this fall? I am tempted but will probably go for an SnS or Weber kettle. Leaning toward the SnS but if I find a good deal on a performer, might go that way too

They really need to come out with a pk 450 or 500 or so. I’d be all over it instantly if they did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I bought a 360 before the 300 came out. I really had to talk myself into it with the price jump from an original to the 360 but i'm glad with my choice. I like the extra height and having two side tables. The only downside to it is cleaning ashes out is a little bit of a pain. A small broom and an ash vaccum help though

I have the new PK 300 and love it. It great for direct or indirect cooking and is easy to adjust for indirect long cooks. I cooked a butt this past weekend and use RO bricketts and got tree hours burn at 275º before I added a few extra fresh coals to the fire. It's a great grill. I did buy the Kick Ash basket for it and their heat blocker and it works like a charm.

I'm tempted by it. I haven't liked that on the original as far as I can tell, the ashes could just fall out of the bottom. The 300 seems to have little cover plates that go over the bottom vents. I'm a Weber guy, though and the one touch cleaning system is just too hard to beat.

I have an original PK and a set of grill grates. I've really upped my steak game with that grill, good charcoal and cow cover. Selecting good ribeyes and cooking properly is key.

The blurb on their website makes it look like a PK300 so, maybe it is a larger version with the PK300 enhancements.

I'm thinking they are the same size, but with the new one you get an extra side shelf, the racks under the grill, and an Aaron Franklin name badge on it. I like Franklin, but I am not a fan of the badge.

I have a PK 360 and a PKGO and used to have the original. I've seen the new 300 and I think it's a big upgrade from the original but I still prefer the 360. They are all great grills and will last almost forever.

Back