Best Pellet Grills & Smokers Under $500

nohajohn7786

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me best pellet grill under budget of 500$. I have limited budget because I am a newbie. Waiting for your suggestions. Thanks.

I am going with Pitboss grills and Pitboss Copperhead smokers because thise are about the only ones other than a small treager that I can think of under 500.

Is it just the set and forget aspect you want out of a pellet grill? If so you might check out the Masterbuilt gravity fed unit. It is right at $500.

Green Mountain Grill...

I say that because that’s the brand that hooked us on pellet cooking... Never had an issue other than the longevity of the grill. That’s what drove us to MAK.

Once we got the MAK we learned there is a REAL difference in the way they work and the food they produce.

Camp Chef. Though I'd really recommend saving a little more and buying something nicer.

If you have time to wait, pick out the pellet grill you like and watch the resale market for it to pop up, it'll be a matter of time if you keep you eye out. That way you can usually find $600-$1000 grill in your price range. I like to try different grills a lot, I usually bag a nice pellet grill for $250 or less. Happy hunting

You can get a Pit Boss Austin XL for $449. Right now (maybe even less).
I wouldn't even bother with those so called "expert review" sites when it comes to choosing anything.

GMG. I've had my Daniel Boone for 7yrs. Sits outside. The cover still looks great. Fantastic CS. I'd buy another one.

If you’re not cooking for a crowd I think the GMG Davy Crockett is cost effective way to test the pellet realm. $329 with wifi. It is small..being marketed as a portable. I bought a 3 rack insert for it and can get 4 racks of baby backs that are cut in half in there. I’ve had mine for over 5 years without a bit of trouble. It seems to be holding up just fine.

Back