So what is the price of Brisket in your area?

The Kroger nearest to me doesn't carry packers but two more do. Choice flats or packers are $7.99/lb. Wally Mart doesn't mention grade and are $3.56/lb.

well wen`t Krogering today brisket 2.99lb. selected two in the 13.5lb range (paid 3.50lb. last week was 4.99lb. two weeks ago ) get to checkout they had not changed price tag meat guy said it would show up at lower price casher was dumb founded could not do 3.00 13.5 =40.5 had to get cell phone to do math high school grad :cry::cry:

Haven't checked in my area this week. But two weeks ago Hy-Vee in Osky had them for 1.99/lb. I picked up three.

Kroger here has choice on sale for $1.99/lb this week. I’ve already bought two and will likely buy 2 more if I can figure out how to fit them in the deep freeze.

That’s a good price per-COVID!

So I wandered into the local Fareway this weekend. Happened to check their brisket price. 4.99/lb.

Little off topic, decided to try wings this weekend with a Weber vortex in combo with a Themoworks Billows. Was surprised at the cost of wings at Sam’s. $3.58lb. Last time I bought they were under $2.00

Brisket

I bought two 15 pound untrimmed choice briskets at Krogers in Tomball, Tx. Paid $1.99 Pound
They had a limit of two. I will probably buy two more today.

Last edited:
Fry's (krogers) has Brisket as their lost leader this week at 1.99. I got three for the freezer and 1 that is going into a corning brine to make pastrami. Real market price is 4.99 or so right now.

Fry's (krogers) has Brisket as their lost leader this week at 1.99. I got three for the freezer and 1 that is going into a corning brine to make pastrami. Real market price is 4.99 or so right now.

Damn...missed my chance!

EDIT: Actually I went this past weekend to Fry's, they looked pretty cleaned out, with the exception of Pork Spares.

Last edited:
Back