American BBQ showdown - Casting for season 2

Why has this thread not been moved to the Competition sub forum? Just asking.

Have any of you looked at the application? I could smoke a brisket faster than it would take me to fill it out :p

When I filled it out (the first time), I came to the part that said to upload a video of yourself doing an introduction and talking about your barbecue experience, and who has that on their phone, so I waited until the next morning to record it and upload it, and all of the previous information to the questions I had answered was gone, so I had to do the entire thing over again. :doh:

I just heard back from the person that I was in touch with regarding casting, and I asked if they had decided on the participants for this year, and she said they were going to make their decisions by mid October and pushed filming back to early 2022.

Hopefully this season they will focus more on the actual BBQ and less on the 900 sides they had to prepare for each meal. I'd also love to see people be able to bring their own pits. It was obvious some of the contestants had no idea how to cook on kamados or offsets.

So I got a text from the initial person I talked to, asking for recommendations for female pitmasters. Says they need more diversity.

So where’s our sisthren at??

Moose for the win. Turn everything into a pizza! :becky:

zuJHtAn.gif

I just heard back from the person that I was in touch with regarding casting, and I asked if they had decided on the participants for this year, and she said they were going to make their decisions by mid October and pushed filming back to early 2022.

I hope you get selected Ron! That would be awesome!

Back