Congratulations man!!! Can’t beat a Stick Burner and looking good on the wood supplies 😁👍👍

Congratulations! That's a great looking smoker and will be a blast to use.

Congratulations.That is a sweet looking cooker.I hope you enjoy it to it’s full capacity.

What’s going to be your first smoking project? What kind of wood? Looking forward to your story of success! 👍👍

The shelves are physically separate and simply sit adjacent to each other in the shelf runners. They don't attach to each other and they're not really meant to be pulled out; pull them out too far and the shelf in front could tumble onto the ground. That's the tradeoff for the convenience of being able to stack them away inside the cooker. I'm fine with that.

I just pulled them out for the picture and was rewarded with a bunch of grease all over my hand. :shock:
I really like that idea - hadn't seen it before. I'm betting I could modify my upper shelf in similar fashion. It currently sits in the attic and was always in the way. I prefer to add rub/spritz, etc. while the meat is still in the cooking chamber and the upper shelf made that hard. Thanks for the pictures.

I got the idea of the split upper shelf from BabyBack Maniac. Saw it on one of his videos and thought "Genius!!!"

My little Outlaw pellet smoker has the same split upper shelf feature. Very practical! (Pardon the mess. I just finished a big cook!)

I really like that idea - hadn't seen it before. I'm betting I could modify my upper shelf in similar fashion. It currently sits in the attic and was always in the way. I prefer to add rub/spritz, etc. while the meat is still in the cooking chamber and the upper shelf made that hard. Thanks for the pictures.

Thanks txsmkmstr!

That is high praise coming from you. I have admired your custom LSG. I think it is the most thoughtful pit I've seen on this forum (though I'm sure there are others I've yet to find). Some of your mods are downright genius.

Congratulations and welcome to the LSG family.

Sheesh that 24 inch width is crazy. Just picked up a used 20x42 my self and I thought those grates were big.

Congratulations on the New Smoker!! She is a beaut and looks like she is ready for anything!!

I have had my LSG vertical offset for years. I keep it covered and oil it down ever so often with mineral oil and keep the door hinges greased. I clean out the firebox after every cook and spray the inside of the firebox with Pam after every cook. Result? It looks 99% as good as the day it was delivered. Never had to paint the firebox since it is insulated.

LSG makes great smokers and Chris and Amber at LSG are the best!

Back