Assassin Smokers Customer Service....

crussgm

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Although I just purchased membership to the Brethren recently, I have been using this site often during the past year as a research tool for my next and "last" smoker (at least that's what I told my wife). I have found the members post to be a very helpful in this search and pulled the trigger on an Assassin 28 that was just delivered 2 weeks ago. The smoker is beautiful and built like a tank.....I couldn't be happier with my decision. The reason for my post is to give a HUGE shout out to Jeff and Robin at Assassin Smokers for their top notch customer service.

While seasoning my smoker I noticed what could be a minor defect. My thought was this is probably OK but went ahead and emailed Jeff and Robin with some pictures just to make sure. 30 minutes later I get a call from Jeff and after a few questions he basically says "that's not acceptable for one of my smokers, I am building and shipping you a new one ASAP." He then compensates me with some extra's for the inconvenience of time needed to re-crate and ship back the original! I didn't ask for any of this, he just did it without hesitation......in my opinion customer service does not get any better than that and just confirms that I made a good decision going with Assassin. Most likely the smoker was fine but I think Jeff has such high standards for what he builds anything less than "perfect" is unacceptable to him.

That's what I call above and beyond.

That's a great example of customer service. It was kind of you to post your story to get the word out to others.

Damn. Thats a great example. At my job we had just installed a brand new 80HP chiller and had some components fail right on start up which is extremely rare considering it was factory tested and and the components that failed generally are pretty bullet proof. Any way the mfgr was several states away. They got the parts out to us quick and paid our local HVAC (who are also great guys) to replace it and get it up and running. That was all expected. Well today the guy who built the chiller hopped a flight out just to check it all out himself and apologize for the issue and thank our HVAC guys for doing such a good job getting things right. He said he wouldnt be able to sleep good without coming out and seeing the chiller in operation and talking to us in person. We all know crap happens even w the best mfgrs. Its good to see those that dont hide from it and go above and beyond to make it right.

Pics of Assassin 28 delivered

Here are some pictures as delivered. I am feeding 40 on Memorial Day and will post some pics with it loaded up.

Attachments

• Assassin 28.jpg
    Assassin 28.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 254
  • Assassin 28 open.jpg
    Assassin 28 open.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 247
It's always nice to hear about a good experience with costumer service. Nice looking smoker by the way.

That's a great story. I couldn't be happier with my Assassin and the service I got from Jeff and Robin.

Enjoy your new cooker!

I had a good experience with them as well. Someone changed there mind on the color , so I took the stock color and got my cooker in 2 weeks

Great story, Great company, great cooker! Here's to many happy Q's with it:thumb:

Back