Spares in a Weber 1 touch

socalnewb

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So going to the in-laws for new years eve and they want to do some ribs I just got a WSM for Christmas but can't take it over there but they have a Weber 1 touch any advice on how to get some good ribs off of there?IMG00844-20101230-2128.jpg
Just a taste
IMG00845-20101230-2131.jpg

Minion, indirect, light about 12 coals to start, throw in some wood chunks when you put ribs on, control heat with vents to get temp you want and you'll do great. Probly not that much different than the WSM. Sometimes I put a pan of water in too. You could foil for a period too if you wanted.

You'll do great. looks like you're off to a good start.
Good luck!

Hopefully you'll have a hinged grate - it'll make it much easier for adding to the fire during your cook.

Small - like around 10 briqs (I assume you're using briqs) - bed of coals on one side, meat on the other. Keep fire small. Don't open the lid too much - I'd check about every hour or so to make sure all is well with the fire & the meat. You'll need to turn the ribs so one side isn't always facing the fire.

There was a thread in the past week or 2 and somebody laid it out much better than I ever will about how to go about this. I'll see if I can find it.

Back