Hello from Central Texas

themischman

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Hello BBQ Brethren! My name is James, and I’ve been in Central Texas since 2013. I retired out of Ft Hood in 2017 and we decided to stay in Texas because it’s a damn fine state. I’m almost done with my bachelors degree and recently went back to work for the Army. I love eating BBQ almost as much as I love smoking it when I have the time. I’m also into collecting and smoking cigars, cooking and a bunch of other things. I would say I’m pretty novice when it comes to smoking meat. I love my Weber kettle for grilling and currently have a cheap little water smoker that has put out some pretty good pork butt, ribs and and a couple briskets. I’ve only been at it for a little over a year and been trying to decide on what to get for a better smoker. I’ve been lurking here for a bit and finally joined the other day. I noticed there’s a few people who live in this area. I look forward to learning more and hopefully being able to meet some of you guys. Thanks for having me and hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Welcome to the forum from Victoria, Aust.
Nice friendly bunch here that are very sharing with information.
Enjoy your time here, I sure have

Welcome! from just North in Oklahoma. You should fit right in and find everything your looking for here. Great folks and tons of info. Plenty are in Texas as you will see. See ya on the threads, Have fun!

Welcome to the forum from sunny SE Arizona.

Welcome and thanks for your service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome aboard James!

We have a Bash (Brethren get-together) at Belton Lake in a couple of weeks. Info in my signature.

Back