• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Found an 18.5" WSM by the side of the road!

gtr

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Well this doesn't happen every day. About a half block down from my house somebody must have decided they don't wanna be outside anymore. They put this WSM, an Akorn, some kinda gasser, a firepit and a couple of patio heaters on the curb. :noidea: The WSM is in great condition and even had a cover, it just needed a little cleaning, which I did last night along with a burnout. I didn't really have use for the other stuff so I figured someone else could get in on that. Not surprisingly, the Akorn was gone the next morning.

I already have a 22, plus a BW Chubby to handle smaller cooks so I'm thinking I'll pass it along to my older son when he gets his own spot, but I'm sure it'll come in handy once in a while in the meantime.

picture.php

Talk about being in the right place at the right time. Nice rescue!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Is that door symmetrical still?

Mine was farked after the first couple cooks.

Nice haul!

That door needs to be replaced or at the very least bent back into shape, methinks. Not a tight seal at all - flares out at the top edges. I got the Cajun Bandit SS door for my 22 a long time ago and I had forgotten how lame the stock doors are!

Nice score there.

Am I the only one who thinks some guy must have really upset a woman and she "relocated" his stuff to the curb? Or maybe that's just a Texas thing.

^^^that was my first thought. I was also wondering if something really bad happened. I'm surprised they didn't try to sell the stuff 'cause they could have made some $$. I'm a lazy sumbich and even I would have at least put an ad up.

As to it being a TX thang, I'm pretty sure there are pissed off wives all over the world - I've seen 'em!

Great score, Greg. You could have grabbed the rest of the stuff and your yard would have looked better stocked than the floor of most stores! I'll be in touch before next weekend. Looking forward to hanging out.

• Thanks
Glad it got a good home. Since It's just me and the wife now, I always thought a 18.5 to be the perfect size for my normal cooks. Sure I could make do with a wsm14- but cutting a rack of ribs in half jacks with my "bend test". Grats on the find!

• Thanks
That door needs to be replaced or at the very least bent back into shape, methinks. Not a tight seal at all - flares out at the top edges. I got the Cajun Bandit SS door for my 22 a long time ago and I had forgotten how lame the stock doors are!

Caught your comment on the door of the WSM 22, Which I am going to pull the trigger on one soon. I always thought the door was "cheap" at best and want to replace it ASAP so, where do I get that Cajun Bandit SS door?

That was a great find!

• Thanks
Great score, Greg. You could have grabbed the rest of the stuff and your yard would have looked better stocked than the floor of most stores! I'll be in touch before next weekend. Looking forward to hanging out.

Me too! :whoo:

Caught your comment on the door of the WSM 22, Which I am going to pull the trigger on one soon. I always thought the door was "cheap" at best and want to replace it ASAP so, where do I get that Cajun Bandit SS door?

That was a great find!

Here ya go. They have lots of great products. I've gotten a few things from them over the years and IMO they're a good company with cool stuff that's good quality:

https://www.cajunbandit.com/category/weber-smokey-mountain-upgrade-parts/

Thank You for the info on Cajun Bandit, they have a lid hinge that I also want to put on the newbie when I get it Not soon enough.
What about the larger water pan, did you get that? Just curious.
Again Thank You.

• Thanks
^^^Have not gotten the larger water pan. btw I can't remember if their SS door comes with their door handle or not, but that handle is pretty great. I'd love to get the rotis ring for the 26" one day. Glad you found their site useful!

Not sure if you already know about https://virtualweberbullet.com but there is a ton of useful info on there as far as mods, tips, etc.

With your list, I would think it would make a very nice hors d'œuvre cooker.
I could see Jalapeno Poppers, stuffed mushrooms, Tator tots, or chicken nuggets under the lid.
Or, if you are becoming empty nesters, use it for Mama and Me nights when you want a small que without a big ta-do.

Nice find!

The folks down the block may be moving and figure on new stuff.
I got the gasser the DIL bought for the Son when they moved because they went built in. Score for me!

• Thanks
^^^Have not gotten the larger water pan. btw I can't remember if their SS door comes with their door handle or not, but that handle is pretty great. I'd love to get the rotis ring for the 26" one day. Glad you found their site useful!

Not sure if you already know about https://virtualweberbullet.com but there is a ton of useful info on there as far as mods, tips, etc.

I have been using a ECB for the past 20years,and became fairly proficient with it (but have my heart set on a Meadowcreek bx50), and am tired of the constant work with some results not up to par. I decided to go with the 22 WSM as an alternative until I can finally afford the bx50.
Thank You for the site virtualweberbullet site, good information that will be helpful.

• Thanks
Someone must've been in real trouble and had to give up a toy or two. :becky:

Nice score Greg!

• Thanks
Back