MAK 2 Star General built like a tank!

seakuv

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Whew - started putting together the new MAK 2 Star General - those things are built like the proverbial brick outhouse! Solo working right now for me - let me just say that lifting the body of the smoker onto the legs was a bit of a chore. The directions call for it being a two person job and I strongly agree - although I just did it alone. Then I hauled it up a short flight of six steps. Called it quits after that as it was full dark. I think that qualifies as my weightlifting workout for the day. I'll finish the assembly tomorrow. First seasoning a naked fatty on Friday evening.

I needed 2 to put my Mak 1 together. I didn’t want to drop it!

Put my 1 Star together by myself don't think I would want to drag it up steps though, heck just dragging it through the yard to get it from the garage to the back patio had me huffing and puffing. I also cycle about 60 to 100mi a week so it's not like I'm out of shape. They are solid cookers for sure.

Congrats on your new cooker Dave, I think they're fantastic machines.

Thanks Kevin. I'm looking forward to firing it up and using it a lot this winter! I'm impressed by the quality of the build. Heavy duty and close tolerances. Quality craftsmanship.

Yikes! I bet there was a deep sigh of relief after that.
I thought i could take it down 3 steps by myself. I didn't empty out the innards. It leaned a little too much and everything inside shifted. Fell in slow motion...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I thought i could take it down 3 steps by myself. I didn't empty out the innards. It leaned a little too much and everything inside shifted. Fell in slow motion...

They're heavy, ungainly beasts. Especially with everything loaded up inside. I took out everything that I could before trying to lift it or haul it up the steps. That's why it's missing the warming box right now. Ended up lifting it up the steps on a hand truck - and it still took everything I had to herc it up the steps.

I finished putting the last bits of the MAK together this morning. At 15F those tiny little #6 3/8 screws and lock washers are hard to hold on to! It's running through the initial burn in. After that, I'll be smoking the traditional first fatty.

Attachments

• IMG_20181117_104002.jpg
    IMG_20181117_104002.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 145
Awesome!!! Man, 15° is cold (at least to us Northern California wimps!). Very much looking forward to seeing you put your MAK to good use :)

Yes, I put my 1-Star together by myself and then dragged it 60’ or so thru the grass around my house to the back. Major workout . . . particularly lifting it onto its wheels!!

Yes, I put my 1-Star together by myself and then dragged it 60’ or so thru the grass around my house to the back. Major workout . . . particularly lifting it onto its wheels!!

I feel your pain! I was an idiot (OK, I'll blame the cold and darkness) and skipped right over the part in the directions that said to assemble it laying on its back - I put the base together and then lifted the smoker body up and set it into place on the upright base. :frusty:

I feel your pain! I was an idiot (OK, I'll blame the cold and darkness) and skipped right over the part in the directions that said to assemble it laying on its back - I put the base together and then lifted the smoker body up and set it into place on the upright base. :frusty:

tenor.gif

Back