MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
nwelch
Got Wood.

Default Where to buy Texas Pepper Jelly in Kansas City

Hello all, I am looking for some Texas Pepper Jelly and I would rather not order it online if I don't have to. Does anyone know any store that carries it around kansas city? Does smoke n fire or kansas city bbq store carry it by chance?

Below is the website, I am looking for the Pineapple Habanero.

http://www.texaspepperjelly.com

Thanks in advance.
18.5" Weber Smokey Mountain - A Cut Above BBQ - acabbq.com - KCBS CBJ #62045

Last edited by nwelch; 04-21-2010 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add the website link.
nwelch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
BruceB
is one Smokin' Farker

I know of no other place to buy it except for their on-line store.

Bruce

22 1/2" WSM and 18 1/2" WSM
Weber 22 1/2" Kettle, Weber Jumbo Joe 18 1/2"
Weber Genesis Gasser
Treasurer, Great Lakes Barbecue Association
BruceB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

I definitely know of this Texas Pepper Jelly...been getting their newsletter for a loooong time. I've never seen it at either store, but then again I was never looking for it there either. They both have online stores which could probably give you a quick idea if they have it or not.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 03:23 AM   #4
bbqpitstop

Planters Seed in City Market has some unusual spices and sauces, check with them....

Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 AM   #5
nwelch
Got Wood.

I am making a stop at Planters Seed today, so I will have to look around for it, thanks bbqpitstop. If they don't have it, I guess I will order a 12 pack online to save on shipping.

What is everyones favorite jelly from Texas Pepper Jelly, and how do you use it?

Old 04-22-2010, 07:21 AM   #6
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Shoot Texana a PM and ask. He is The Jellyman.
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
nwelch
Got Wood.

I emailed Texana, and here is his response.

"Thanks for the inquiry but no we are not in any retail stores at this time.

Maybe it is something we "should" do and we might with time, but for now the internet is serving us very well."

So, if you like their Jelly's by them online!

Old 04-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #8
ZILLA
is Blowin Smoke!

Texas Pepper Jelly is not available in any stores. It's available online only.
ZILLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Have you thought about making you own? That's what i do. Really not that complicated to make.
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 AM   #10
gsmith
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwelch View Post
I am making a stop at Planters Seed today, so I will have to look around for it, thanks bbqpitstop. If they don't have it, I guess I will order a 12 pack online to save on shipping.

What is everyones favorite jelly from Texas Pepper Jelly, and how do you use it?
I like the apple jalapeno on pork loin and the mango habanero finishing sauce goes great on shrimp

I heard through the grapevine that a new product is about to be released can't wait to see what it is
gsmith is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 08:38 AM   #11
Texana
Knows what a fatty is.

Hello everyone. I thought I would drop by to answer any questions you might have about our products. I have been a BBQ Brethren member since sometime in 2006 and currently cook about 20 events a year. The majority of these events are in Texas and center around IBCA and TGCBCA. The down side is we just dont have that man KCBS events in our part of the woods.

We have been providing our products to the public for 5 years and sell to a lot of competition BBQ Cooks competing today. At this time we have remained strictly an Internet sales company. This could change in the future but probably not very soon. I could give you many reasons why we are not in stores but the bottom line for us at this time is quality control. You see we are a small outfit and still make all of our products in small batches. We do not keep a large inventory and this means fresh products for our customers.

Our customer's have been very good to us and we appreciate it. If I can answer any questions, please send me a PM, email or give me a call. I will answer any and all as soon as I can.

Again thank you.

Craig
Texana is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 09:10 AM   #12
wildflower
is one Smokin' Farker

Make it yourself

Ingredients

• 3 green bell pepper, minced
  • 2 (4 ounce) cans diced jalapeno peppers
  • 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
  • 6 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid pectin
  • 5 drops green food coloring

Directions

1. In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine peppers, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium high heat. Stir frequently until mixture begins to boil.
  2. Stir in pectin; boil 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly, and mix in food coloring. Skim off foam, and remove from heat.
  3. Ladle into sterilized jars. Seal, and process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes.
wildflower is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-2010, 09:16 AM   #13
Texana
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower View Post
Make it yourself

Ingredients

• 3 green bell pepper, minced
  • 2 (4 ounce) cans diced jalapeno peppers
  • 1 1/2 cups distilled white vinegar
  • 6 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 (6 fluid ounce) container liquid pectin
  • 5 drops green food coloring

Directions

1. In a large, stainless steel saucepan, combine peppers, vinegar, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Cook over medium high heat. Stir frequently until mixture begins to boil.
  2. Stir in pectin; boil 5 minutes longer, stirring constantly, and mix in food coloring. Skim off foam, and remove from heat.
  3. Ladle into sterilized jars. Seal, and process in a boiling-water canner for 5 minutes.
Nice recipe ...

But jelly recipes like bbq sauce and rubs .... multitudes of them. Everyone has to find what works for them.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #14
jonboy
is One Chatty Farker

Texana / Craig,

I have read about using the pineapple habenero jelly on comp ribs.
Can you explain the process of using it? Is it used as a glaze or melting liquid
at the foil process?
What flavors do you recommend for ribs? I would like to try a couple of different types. Do you offer any packages of your best sellers/flavors:)
Can you hook a brethren up:)
jon
jonboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2010, 09:09 AM   #15
Texana
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
Texana / Craig,

I have read about using the pineapple habenero jelly on comp ribs.
Can you explain the process of using it? Is it used as a glaze or melting liquid
at the foil process?
What flavors do you recommend for ribs? I would like to try a couple of different types. Do you offer any packages of your best sellers/flavors:)
Can you hook a brethren up:)
jon
There are several ways you can use our products ... You can use the jelly as an additive to your favorite sauce, you can use it when you foil or as a glaze/finish on the final product ...

My favorite for home is to set the jar in a pot of boiling water to make it soft then just brush it on ribs the last 20 minutes of cooking time ...

For competition I mix it in my favorite bbq sauce .....

My favorites on ribs are Pineapple, Peach and Mandarin Orange, but thats just me. I can tell you there are many competition cookers that love both the apple and cherry flavors ...

Here is a simple but effective sauce ...

16 oz Head Country Sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tblspoons of your favorite Texas Pepepr Jelly

Bring it all to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for about 5 minutes ... you can keep adding Texas Pepper Jelly to your own taste .....

Hope this helps ...

I am working with Phil to offer a special to BBQ Brethren so keep an eye out ....

Craig