• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who Uses a Jaccard?

Greg60525

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Does the Jaccard actually make for a more noticeably tender brisket?

Do the needles (knives) make any noticeable holes on a brisket slice?

Can you use a Jaccard on a cooked brisket to potentially save a brisket that did not get tender enough? Anyone try this? Results?

Thanks,

I have one that I have used on raw steaks. It makes a noticeable difference in the tenderness, and if using marinade in the flavor. I have never felt the need to use it on brisket. I also was not impressed with my one attempt to marinate brisket.

Interesting side note is that the Grass Fed Beef Association website recommends a Jaccard to tenderize grass fed beef. I was thinking about getting one since I have several packets of it in my freezer.

I have one and use it on my briskets all the time using this process:
1. Lather up with yellow mustard (natural tenderizer & paste for rub)
2. Jaccard and drink a beer.
3. Apply rub liberally.
4. Jaccard and drink another beer.
5. Apply another coat of rub and it's either off to the smoker or fridge.
6. Drink another beer.

The needles do not make "noticeable" holes, but when you slice it, you can see where the rub penetrates the smoke ring.
I only use it on the meat side, mainly on the flat.

I don't think it would do much for a cooked brisket...but I have never tried it. You would probably just lose juice...

I have one and I pretty much follow Smoke & Beers directions to a tee, I use it on London Broil also, marinate it in Italian Salad Dressing after poking it and then smoke it until med rare and wrap in foil and let it sit for about an hour, wonderful stuff!

i have one.. dont use it on briskets. Did a couple of times.

LESSON LEARNED... DO NOT JACCCARD BRISKET AND THEN INJECT IT WITH BRINE PUMP.

I used it on steaks, but IMO, it doesnt make it more tender, but makes it fall apat in your mouth.. like its allready been chewed. :eek:

I have one but have never used it on brisket.

My daughter used it last year in a grilled chop contest and got a 1st though!

I used it on steaks, but IMO, it doesnt make it more tender, but makes it fall apat in your mouth.. like its allready been chewed. :eek:

Nice piece of advice here boss! Been there done that. You have to wear goggles!

I used it about every time I cook a brisket...I used it after I inject but normally just on the flat and only on the meat side... After I inject I put in a bag then poor the left over injection in the bag...Seems to really help for me..Since I've started doing it that way, never had a dry brisket...

clear.gif

I went with the Alton Brown multi purpose approach. Wife bought one of these for her when she chops things, I saw it as a cheap jaccard. Works great too. never tried it on a brisket, but I just might hafta. Does great with chicky breasts, thighs.

If you have an Academy sports near you, check them out. I got a 48 blade for $20 there.

I have one and only used it on flank stead. Going to try it this week-end on a brisket. I'll do one with and one w/o to see it makes an appreciable difference.

Brisket sprinkler system or Fire suppression unit with brine!

That's a bad image. Hey, why not forget the Jaccard and just chew it first.........yuk! :eek: :eek:

I have one and only used it on flank stead. Going to try it this week-end on a brisket. I'll do one with and one w/o to see it makes an appreciable difference.

Please respond with your results......pictures would be good too!

Thanks for all of the advice! It looks like I may have to spring for one and hopefully it will not sit in the drawer idle.

Thanks,

anyone have any thoughts on using a jaccard followed up with a marinade in a reveo meat tenderizer/tumbler or a food saver cannister. tom

Back