Pizza cooked and the Egg got me

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Fired up the egg for pizza. Easy canadian bacon on a pre made crust. Good as usual. Fire was about 500 dome and I burped the egg. Still I use a glove when opening on high heat cooks. Wasn't enough today!

Here's my arm after the pizza went on
IMG_0143.jpg

The pizaa
IMG_0146.jpg

Hope you're okay. The smell of burnt hair does wonders for the appetite.

Pizza looks very good.

Ouch.....Looks painful!

The pizza looks great though. :)

Thanks for the warning. I bet you were rubbing little bits of hair off in balls. Glad it was no worse.

Keep kids back, their eyes are just at the right level!

thats why i grow several potted aloe plants. works wonders on burns. i had a small growing plant on my tool box for such occasions. got teased about it until folks needed it. very popular plant after that. others watered it when i was gone on vacations, etc.

I noticed that in the picture you have the "feet" between the plate setter and the pizza stone. Why? When I do mine I normally put the pizza stone directly on the plate setter. Am I missing something?

NUTZ

Ouch. I hate it when that happens. I have had that problem when using a campgrounds firepit for a grill. Sorry that you got burned, but that pizza looks great.

Dang man, careful there. Pizza looks good. Where did you get the crust at. I've been trying to find some crusts no luck.

I noticed that in the picture you have the "feet" between the plate setter and the pizza stone. Why? When I do mine I normally put the pizza stone directly on the plate setter. Am I missing something?

NUTZ

I use the feet under mine too. It just creates a bit of an air gap and seems to help with more even heating. It also seems to help keep the stone from overheating when doing multiple pizzas. Or at least that's what I read somewhere and did it like that. I've never tried without them.

I've been trying to find some crusts no luck.

Rick and others here had mentioned Mama Marys crusts, so i went to their site and emailed for local availability. They got back to me with Walmart. Sure enough, they were right there in the ethnic food aisle.

Paul

Glad it was arm hair and not the skin that got extra crispy!:eek:
I am going to have to give the feet under the stone a try. My stone does get a little over heated when doing 4 or 5 pizzas at a time.:cool:

Dude!! Glad you're okay after that. Definitely keep the kids away from that contraption..LOL

My Wal Mart usually has the Mama Mary's on the aisle with the spaghetti sauce. Way down on the bottom shelf. The grocery stores usually have them in the dairy case. I've tried several different ones and the Mama Mary's are better.

Ouch. That arm looks nice and toasty. I hope the pizza tasted well enough to be worth it! it looks like it was.

Sorry about the Egg-burn. Mine bit me when I was doing some steaks a while back.

Nice pizza, however...

OK - so even after a burb you still can get bit.... yikes!

Back