Need help from someone with la caja china #2

Ken V

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I didn't like how thin the 2 trays were in my caja, I took them into my sheet metal shop where I work and was going to have them make them out of something a little heavier. Well, they were doing some cleanup and one of the apprentices tossed them into the metal dumpster! Dumpster has been emptied. I can measure the rim that the charcoal tray sits in so those dimensions aren't a big deal. Can someone that has a #2 please measure the bottom pan for me? I would greatly appreciate it.

Ken

Mines buried in the garage right now. Couldn't you just ask the LaCaja folks? or just make a new one to fit inside the box with minimal clearance?

Unfortunately mine is also put away in my Mom's garage as we just used it for Christmas Eve. I can tell you that the internal pan that sits on the bottom to collect the grease is about 2" shorter on all sides from the internal dimensions of the box. Hope that helps.

PM Sledneck or Smoke in Da Eye, they might be able to help.

Mine are stored as well, but honestly, if I was fabricating my own, I'd make it bigger than the one that ships with the box. I tend to get a fair amount of dripping in the box itself because the grease pan is a good 4-5 inches short on either end.

If you can build one with a 1 inch gap all the way around, that would be cool. In fact, if you're interested, let me know how much you would charge for that, lol.

You mean the pan that sits in the bottom? Mine is 21 1/8" x 37".

Thanks alot guys! Perry, the trays wouldnt be much at all but the shipping would probably be crazy.

Ken

Back