MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 02-27-2011, 03:24 PM   #91
JiveTurkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : JT
Default Cioppino

Restaurant Name: Mijo's BBQ

Our Vision: To make as much money as possible so I can afford the $2000/mo rent and $4/gal gas. It is also our goal to become rich and famous so maybe someday I can meet Giada DeLaurentes and see for myself, in person, if her head is really that big.

Today's Dish: Cioppino

Price: $9.99 (Does not include fines and taxes)***

Description on Menu: Dungeness Crab Cioppino served with Sourdough Garlic Bread and Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

History: Cioppino is a San Francisco regional seafood dish started by Itialian fisherman in the late 1800's. The dish usually includes all sorts of seafood such as crab and shellfish in a tomato based sauce. Typically the words "cioppino" and "barbecue" rarely go together but if there is one thing us Californian's like to do (besides drive 100mph through school zones) it is taking a perfectly delicious dish and finding a way to make it even better with live fire! With the beautiful weather and abundance of seafood I felt there was nothing better to represent California in a throwdown than Cioppino! Welcome to my new restaurant, have a seat, and your dinner with be served shortly.

First we start with getting a little manzanita wood smoke on the tomatoes as the foundation for our sauce.

We clean and prep our muscles, clams, and dungeness crab:

Time to get the onion, garlic, and diver scallops going:

After the tomatoes are deskinned we add to the skillet with wine, clam sauce, and red pepper flakes. The crab and shrimp get on the grill. We do not cook the shrimp all the way as they will finish in the sauce.

Once all of the shrimp, clams, muscles, scallops, and crab are added to the pot we cook until everything is done and serve.

Here is my entry for the Throwdown:

Sorry my camera skills are not all that great with my $79 wallmart special but I hope it gets the point across. Enjoy your meal!

Your Receipt:

Cioppino: 9.99

*** Required State Taxes and Fees
Sales Tax: $5.32
Recycle Fee: $7.22
Sustainability Fee: $17.89
Environmental Defense Fee: $12.11
Parking Meter Fee: $14.99
Prius Owners Subsidy: $16.27
Hazardous Smoke Fine: 3.99
CARB Fee: $7.55
Cap and Trade Fee: $2.73
Union Tax (even though we're not union): $6.84
Food that is not good for you tax: $3.71

Your Total: 108.61

Sorry Cash Only.

Thank you and Come Again!
JiveTurkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Tags
Arnold likes Q, Shark w/Sprouts n Guac, Tax and Spend BQ, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread