MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #61
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Hypothetical question: if chopped pork with BBQ sauce were to appear on a croissant with foo-foo lettuce, would that be considered a California-style meal.

Not that I know anyone who would do something like this, no, not me...
MOINK Ball Wizard and ALF Award Recipient[/COLOR][/B]
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
zydecopaws is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #62
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Don't forget the organic angle.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:56 AM   #63
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecopaws View Post
Hypothetical question: if chopped pork with BBQ sauce were to appear on a croissant with foo-foo lettuce, would that be considered a California-style meal.

Not that I know anyone who would do something like this, no, not me...
Not a chance. However, if instead you made something like...

Quote:
Delicious hand-pulled chunks of apple wood smoked roasted pork gingerly enveloped in a delectably velvety tomato-infused BBQ sauce atop delightfully cool, fresh, crisp, hand picked 100% organic California lettuce all lovingly wrapped inside a buttery, flaky, fresh baked crescent roll...
That might qualify as California cuisine, that is so long as you are able to toss out all those old inferior ingredients for the new ones and make it using the new method.
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #64
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post

Delicious hand-pulled chunks of apple wood smoked roasted pork gingerly enveloped in a delectably velvety tomato-infused BBQ sauce atop delightfully cool, fresh, crisp, hand picked 100% organic California lettuce all lovingly wrapped inside a buttery, flaky, fresh baked crescent roll...

That might qualify as California cuisine, that is so long as you are able to toss out all those old inferior ingredients for the new ones and make it using the new method.
I bow to your greatness.
[SIZE=2]Webers up the wazoo, a bunch o' Pyromids, Bubba Ho-Keg, and [URL="http://noexcusesbbq.com/archives/2987"]the CrockaQue[/URL][/SIZE]
Old 02-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #65
landarc

What is a crescent roll? Is it the same as a croissant?

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #66
bigabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Not at all. Croissants are much more refined and have at least twice as much pretentiousness as crescent rolls and croissants would normally prefer to not associate with the "working class" variety crescent roll which are sometimes even further corrupted by being stuffed with varieties of mystery meats and even processed cheese. However, sometimes those of an unenlightened nature refer to them as though they are interchangable, greatly irritating those who prefer following proper form. This picture should clear up some confusion.

Croissant

Crescent Roll
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?

Duh.
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #67
landarc

So, in light of this clarification, I think it is obvious that the aforementioned sandwich must be on a cwrrroissant (note how I slurred that 'r') and not on a crescent roll.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Old 02-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #68
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
The last administration changed the name to Freedom Roll.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 PM   #69
High Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Stop the contest.....we have a farkin' winner.

Boy, I'm glad I thought of Tofurky Jurky Wishstix before Landarc did. This thing is a lock.
"Houston is a wretched little town composed of about twenty shops, and a hundred huts, dispersed here and there, among trunks of felled trees. It is infested with methodists and ants." -Emmanuel Domenech, Catholic Missionary, 1848

Last edited by High Q; 02-04-2011 at 10:36 PM.. Reason: ....not an entry...
High Q is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 02-05-2011, 12:05 PM   #70
deguerre

Deguerre is here waiting for a wrap.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:23 PM   #71
bigabyte

Default The Great Q-municator

My BBQ Restaurant will feature Ronald Reagan (and a smattering of some other great conservative thinkers to keep it from looking like some sort of shrine). The walls will be plastered with conservative messages, propaganda, and famous quotes. Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck might just find it too good to be true and think they have died and gone to heaven.

Everything will have meat in it, and feature real barbecue, but with a California twist, and the reason I will tell people for doing that is in order to serve the customers, who live in California. In reality however, I'm only doing it to honor Reagan's home state, and because of a Throwdown on a BBQ forum I frequent.

It should be easy to spot any liberals because they will either zoom on by, or throw things out their car window at the place. If one does happen to walk in, the sheer volume of conservatism plastered all over the place, and oozing from the regular customers will put them into an instant state of shock. While they are frozen up, we will gently carry them next door to Smoothie King.

Here is one of my featured menu items:

#1 - California MOINK Ball Wrap - $5
All great change in America begins at the dinner table. --Ronald Reagan
Four of our big, juicy, delicious 100% Beef meatballs wrapped with hickory smoked bacon and grilled to perfection with a delectably sweet and spicy glaze of smokey good BBQ sauce, all wrapped up in a bed of crisp, cool lettuce, vine ripened tomato and fresh sliced avocado, with mayonnaise and blue cheese crumbles. This wrap can tear down the walls of tyranny!

You will of course be able to view the prep area so you can see your wrap being made...

It's truly a delicious wrap, worthy of a landslide re-election. Sadly though, for some reason this restaurant does not succeed, despite a very loyal following of regular customers. It seems some local politicians did not like the atmosphere and changed the zoning laws.

Duh.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #72
zydecopaws
Babbling Farker

It is so unfortunate that your conservative restaurant venture didn't succeed due to ugly back-room politics, as you clearly have a great featured BBQ item. I recommend you relocate to a different area of the State, say the far northern part where there are fewer Liberals and no air quality management board to complain about the atmosphere.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #73
landarc

I miss that place with all the propaganda already, that MOINK ball wrap was pretty darned good. I never could get used to the aluminum foil hats everyone wore though.

[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Thanks from: --->
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #74
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

After the real thing, not sure my monstrosities are worth mentioning in this contest.

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
:hail:Avatar by Zydecopaws:hail:
[B][URL="http://BigButzBBQSauce.net"]Big Butz BBQ Products [/URL][/B]
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #75
bluetang

Name/Nickname : Mike

That's a wrap Nicely done!
Homey, the Homegrown frier, 22" WSM, 18.5" Elderly(but not retired) WSM,Homegrown Electric, Weber gasserrrr,Weber Performer, Gravity feed smoker, Blackstone, Indisputably Fastest [COLOR=purple]Purple[/COLOR] Thermapen, SAI Satay Grill

bluetang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Arnold likes Q, Shark w/Sprouts n Guac, Tax and Spend BQ, Throwdown, Throwdown Entry Thread