• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My 3rd Ink Bird Sous Vide cook. This time with Flame Thrower Sear...AKA Hold My Beer!

Happy Hapgood

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Did the 3rd cook on the Ink Bird Sous Vide unit today. It turned out as close to perfect as any steak I've ever done in the past.

These steaks were 1" cuts. Seasoned with Suckle Busters SPG then vac packed.

li8ogsh.jpg

In the rack and ready to go for 1 hour. I'm learning that steak thickness is directly proportional to cook time. ie. 1.5" steak = 1 and 1 1/2 hours at your desired temp.

9ja3pwO.jpg

And then into the bath.

MifCD40.jpg

129*F at one hour.

bWMeE1Y.jpg

The app worked perfectly on my phone.

ZMb3Ore.jpg

Steaks out of the bath after 1 hour.

3lEwn8l.jpg

Patted dry for searing.

TMD7vci.jpg

Told the Wife to hold my cold beer but NO! Time for the blow torch!

aqGHnFF.jpg

VECzCVu.jpg

VECzCVu.jpg

xJvUigX.jpg

Time to eet!

LQ3QVD1.jpg

It is a fun way to cook and the taste is Amazing! :becky: A warning. If you give the blow torch a try, use extreme caution. I've handled flame devices since 1980. Exercise extreme caution.

Worth a try for Sure!

Thanks for looking. :thumb:

Last edited:
My wife never holds my beer when I ask either b/c she knows it's followed by something she wouldn't approve of. So instead I just end up chugging it and then I ask her to get me another. Same results and I end up getting my own beer haha. She's smarter than me.

Good to see more people taking on Sous Vide. It isn’t a replacement for BBQ, but another great tool to have in your arsenal. It is also so damn easy and the closest thing to cool proof cooking, yet the results with a good recipe and ingredients are truly top notch.

Back