Wood Splitting Drill Bits

defence18

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Anyone try those wood splitting drill bits that I see advertised everywhere? I just assembled my Bandera. I forgot how much "fun" splitting wood is.

First I ever heard of them. Seems like they are mainly for Kindling. Makes quick work of it from what I saw in the videos.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I was tempted but, a bunch of bad reviews so I opted out.

Same here. I also heard you might need to fiddle with the turn direction of the drill depending on the threading of the bit.

I bought a Kindling Cracker & love the heck out of it. I've never had such an easy time with splits other than renting a log splitter. Just a hammer & some time. It struggles a bit with knots, but what doesn't? I'd suggest getting the large version of it or a competitor version. The normal size leaves a bit to be desired for some stuff I want to feed into it.

Same here. I also heard you might need to fiddle with the turn direction of the drill depending on the threading of the bit.

I bought a Kindling Cracker & love the heck out of it. I've never had such an easy time with splits other than renting a log splitter. Just a hammer & some time. It struggles a bit with knots, but what doesn't? I'd suggest getting the large version of it or a competitor version. The normal size leaves a bit to be desired for some stuff I want to feed into it.

I have the larger size and it works well for splitting large splits down into reasonable sizes. Sometimes extra large pieces won’t fit but most wood guy ones will.

Kindling Cracker XL is awesome. The drill bits are a waste of money for hard bbq woods.

Another vote for the kindling cracker xl.
I’m not sure how I ever lived without one

Sucks so far

Bought one last year and have had very little success… Even after aging the (already split) wood another year. Kindling cracker is on the father’ s day list!

Another vote for the Kindling Cracker XL. I even took it a step further and bought an electric log splitter for the pieces slightly too big for the XL. The Dynamic Duo.

I have the kindling cracker regular, mounted on a 18" tall x 8" round log. It works great and I don't have to bend over too far.

Do you need to mount the kindling cracker on to a stump to use it?
I used the XL on the ground for a little while. Just easier raised up a foot or 2.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Back