Break Into Throwdown Fame with the June SPECIAL "Noob Showcase!" Throwdown! No Regulars Allowed! Prizes from Big Poppa! Lasts All Month!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
***NOTE: This thread is an announcement. Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread!***

Our New June SPECIAL Throwdown Category is...

"Noob Showcase!"

This was LYU370's entry in the 2016 Noob Showcase Throwdown

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

1. Noobs Only! Only people with 5 Throwdown entries or less may enter

This is an OPEN CATEGORY meaning you can cook whatever you like as long as it reflects the above theme and conforms to standard Throwdown rules.

3. MULTIPLE ENTRIES ARE ALLOWED but limited to 2 for this Throwdown!

:boxing:Bring it on and show us what you've got!:boxing:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/4 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 6/28.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 6/28.

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please post your entries HERE NOT in this Qtalk thread![/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Also, if you have not entered a Throwdown before, [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...
[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Our official prize sponsor for Q2 is Big Poppa Smokers who is awarding Throwdown winners a $40 Store credit - click here for details!

[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
xz3kpMg.png

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
[/FONT][/FONT]

I am looking forward to seeing some great entries and getting to know some of the newer people better through their participation.

a free-for-all, any cook goes almost seems more challenging. cured pork seems fitting but what, offset or WSM, wet or dry cured, how much fusion and experimentation without scaring people off.. LOL

Not scaring anyone off, that's why it's an open category. You can cook an awesome burger if you choose. Home made McRib? Go for it. Chicken wings, chuck roast, naked fatty, smoked salmon, all good. Cook something wrapped in bacon and enter two TDs with one cook. But boiled ribs are out, gotta draw the line somewhere.

i had to take the week off (got a fancy new hip!) but am smoking an experiment right now:
Split a full slab of spares in half, dry cured both- one got pickling spices during the cure, the other got it as a rub. Wrapped both with pineapple preserves, fake butter, and a tiny bit of country bob's for that full canadian/hawaiian flavor.

going with these pinto beans (not pictured is fresh herbz and loin bacon)-
SBSFJqH.jpeg

(watermelon, strawberry, pineapple, peach and a cherry)

will have to put my best foot/entry forward so probably won't enter til close to the end.

Back