Foil boat brisket on the Dumpsterfire

Kaptain Kadian

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I decided to try the foil boat brisket method with a brisket I had in the freezer for Memorial day. It was also the first long cook that I have done on the Weber Dumpsterfire. I put it on around midnight last night and it came off around 8 am this morning, it was a smaller brisket to start with. I couldn't tell much difference with the foil boat, but it was really good. The dumpsterfire performed really well after an initial temperature drop that was kind of weird. It ran very consistent after the 1st 45 minutes or so. I really liked how the dumpsterfire cooked, the heat was very even and I had no scorching on the bottom of brisket. I also made a quart of tallow.
eac420a5d16c7f55704bfc2af37592ae.jpg
6dbc9ad38eedebb43470544b5e4ba5e6.jpg
94b06ad3e8094995ff699a76dd298d48.jpg
2657e586f00d9df75771f1014a6bbb0e.jpg

Pretty cool right? That tallow is liquid gold in all kinds of cooks
Nice brisket

That's a lot of tallow and a nice lookin' brisket. I love no waste. I'm just cheap that way. Is there any way on this board to know if someone replies to you? I haven't been able to find it.

That's a lot of tallow and a nice lookin' brisket. I love no waste. I'm just cheap that way. Is there any way on this board to know if someone replies to you? I haven't been able to find it.
I use Tapatalk and I don't get a notification when someone replies to my threads. I contacted Tapatalk and they said that it was something to do with the BBQ brethren side.

You can subscribe to a thread and get notified if someone posts on it but I don’t know of any way to get notified for a reply specific to you.

P.s. the food looks great!

You can subscribe to a thread and get notified if someone posts on it but I don’t know of any way to get notified for a reply specific to you.

P.s. the food looks great!

Yeah, Just seems like a no-brainer feature. Guess that's because I have no brain.:wink:

Forgive my ignorance but did you make the tallow from the trimmings or the drippings? That’s a ton of tallow from trimmings. Either way nice cook. I love having tallow on hand!

Back