MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:52 PM   #76
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
Ordered Sunday. Came today (Monday). Had 1 day option.
I take it that is the frustration free packaging?

Mine hasn't shipped yet, still shows a Friday delivery date.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 01:11 PM   #77
DUBBAGA
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKRadioGuy View Post
The sale is OVER on Amazon. Back to about 130 bucks, but I found them on ebay for 97.86 with free shipping.

It looks like the $97'ish ones on eBay are not actual Ken Onion Worksharp items, but rather, unbranded knockoffs

Humphrey's Long Weekender, UDS, Red Box Smoker, SJS/Tamale Pot Smoker, Weber Performer, Weber 18.5 OTS, Alton Brown Flower Pot Smoker (died), Blue Ember Gasser (died}

Member of the Hall of Zero's (Noobians v. Veterans Throwdown)
DUBBAGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 04:18 PM   #78
Smoking Cajun
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Brent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUBBAGA View Post
It looks like the $97'ish ones on eBay are not actual Ken Onion Worksharp items, but rather, unbranded knockoffs
They should not be allowed to call them Work Sharp or Ken Onion Edition. I don't know how they get away with it. Blatant copies.

Old 12-04-2018, 04:58 PM   #79
darita
is One Chatty Farker

Just got done doing some YT viewing and ran across the Wicked Edge vids. I'm sure its a great system...looks great and costs $450 on up to over $1K. Lots swear by it, but also, lots prefer the WS KO. All that said, there's a guy that made his own system that he can get a crazy sharp edge from. It looks like a larger WS KO with Grinder Attachment. Take a look... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H5Xw44SRxU

Old 12-04-2018, 11:37 PM   #80
rexster314
is one Smokin' Farker

Mine came this afternoon. I love it!!!!
Since I changed blade angles I reshaped my kitchen knives all over. My wife loves sharp kitchen knives. I also did two of my Buck folders, one of which is over 40 years old and is the hardest steel I've ever seen. Less than 15 minutes and it's shaving. I only got it to shaving level a couple of times with the original Worksharp. .
Has anyone got the blade grinding attachment? Is it worth it?
rexster314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2018, 11:42 PM   #81
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexster314 View Post
Mine came this afternoon. I love it!!!!
Since I changed blade angles I reshaped my kitchen knives all over. My wife loves sharp kitchen knives. I also did two of my Buck folders, one of which is over 40 years old and is the hardest steel I've ever seen. Less than 15 minutes and it's shaving. I only got it to shaving level a couple of times with the original Worksharp. .
Has anyone got the blade grinding attachment? Is it worth it?
I have looked into it, and it is probably worth it, if you have a need for it. I think it would be more for the professional though. It doesn't have guides. Just a place to rest your knife, then you pick it up, and you have to hold the angle as you are sharpening. I think unless you are really good, at holding precise angles, it could do some damage to a knife. Definitely watch some youtube videos on it, before you purchase.
Joshw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 06:37 AM   #82
sleebus.jones
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : sleebs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshw View Post
I think unless you are really good, at holding precise angles, it could do some damage to a knife.
I think the intent is for bigger things like lawnmower blades...of which I've got a few...

ObOnTopic: Mine shipped yesterday, supposed to be delivered today. w00t!
-=<[url=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265227]Cookshack PG1000[/url] | GMG Davy Crockett WiFi | GMG Jim Bowie WiFi | [url=http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246017]Cindy, the cinderblock reverse flow pit[/url] | Fireboard>=-
[url=https://dashboard.ambientweather.net/devices/public/d621760bf243b5f50d0f8503aba2bdca]The weather in Sleeb's backyard[/url]
sleebus.jones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 07:49 AM   #83
Joshw
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleebus.jones View Post
I think the intent is for bigger things like lawnmower blades...of which I've got a few...

ObOnTopic: Mine shipped yesterday, supposed to be delivered today. w00t!
Maybe, but this the description, from their website.

The Blade Grinding Attachment is designed for knife shaping, sharpening and honing tasks.

The Work Sharp Blade Grinding Attachment is constructed using cast metal components and engineered polymers built to endure the rigors of heavy shaping and sharpening tasks. The unit quickly connects to the Ken Onion Edition Knife & Tool Sharpener without tools, and belts are easily changed by hand.

The blade grinder uses 1”x18” engineered abrasive belts in a wide range of grits, and a 4 pulley system that is fully adjustable from 10° to 35° in 1° increments. Belt speed is adjustable from 1200-2800 SFM (square feet per minute) to accommodate a wide range of sharpening and honing tasks.

The center position of the top two pulleys is adjustable to set your preferred belt deflection – a full convex or a near flat convex – allowing you to customize your cutting edge to best meet your needs and preferences. The Work Sharp Blade Grinding Attachment is similar in design to the systems professional blade makers use, providing knife enthusiasts with a high-quality, precise machine to shape, sharpen and hone your blades without the cost of full scale blade maker’s equipment.

Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 AM   #84
16Adams

Cell phone case arrived yesterday, KO Sharpener shows “out for delivery” via usps. Guess Amazon packages are part of usps’s limited delivery today

Saw this for anyone in need of another multi tool. Reckon most here have quite a few

Gerber Suspension Multi-Plier [22-01471] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EDPT9K..._439bCb25GZ1WK
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #85
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Got my KO yesterday. Haven't tried it out yet. Maybe this weekend. Watched a couple of videos this morning, but that is all.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:13 AM   #86
darita
is One Chatty Farker

From what I've seen, the Blade Grinding Attachment is used for all sorts of knife sharpening and grinding. It's not limited. In fact, some buy the WSKO and Grinding Attachment and only the use the GA. I got it and it seems very substantial. Apparently, the WSKO has some knife limitations, whereas the GA has not.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:30 AM   #87
16Adams

Got it. Thanks

Merry Christmas
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #88
Joshw
Babbling Farker

For anyone that is interested in the blade grinding attachment, Amazon has it on sale for $62.
https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WS...KD2F4092B68PGB

Old 12-05-2018, 10:49 AM   #89
rexster314
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshw View Post
For anyone that is interested in the blade grinding attachment, Amazon has it on sale for $62.
https://www.amazon.com/Work-Sharp-WS...KD2F4092B68PGB

Good price, I just bought it along with a belt kit for less than original price of attachment alone
rexster314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2018, 11:15 AM   #90
EyeBurnEverything
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Candice

Late to the party but i clicked the link and thought it was an onion slicer/chopper at first.
EyeBurnEverything is offline   Reply With Quote