• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Nasty Nor' Easter Here.

Smoking Piney

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I'm accustomed to Nor' Easters here, but yesterday's storm was different - the thickest, wettest snow I've ever seen, and over 8 inches of it. Before the big snow arrived, we had thunder snow - it sounded just like a full blown summer thunder storm. Then, the heavy snow followed. We lost power with trees coming down everywhere and I just got it back an hour ago. Thank you, full house generator! :-D

tq7zZeAh.jpg

bKDuzvqh.jpg

On topic content: I cooked pork ternderloins that evening on the BGE, sorry, no pics - I was in a hurry and sweating disaster from falling trees. While I was outside, I heard numerous trees around my house cracking and coming down. My house is surrounded by huge trees and I was waiting for one to come down. Besides the huge branch in the pic, I was lucky.

I can't wait for proper Spring!

Glad you are OK John. Trees can be unpredictable with that added weight.

When I took over the property last fall, I had three large trees cut down, I'm glad I did.

Glad the house itself wasn't damaged. Stay safe....

I had about the same amount here as well and it was heavy friggin snow but I think the storm hit you guys worse. We didn’t get the thunder here (or at least not much). Think the wind was higher down there too

The nastiest I was in was the October storm a few years back that dumped about twice as much heavy snow when all the trees still had leaves. Trees down everywhere and no power for a week and a half

Glad you were safe and didn’t have more damage

Pics are actually beautiful. Glad you have the generator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Pics are actually beautiful. Glad you have the generator.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll admit that it was amazingly pretty - until the trees started coming down and we lost power. The thunder snow was cool. It's been a very wet winter here and the ground is loose. We're looking at another possible Nor' Easter coming Sunday evening. Can't say I'm ready for "insult to injury". :-D

I cooked burgers on the BGE this evening and when I finished, I saw street lights on.......rejoice! :-D

Last edited:
That storm was firggin horrible. And that thunder snow....my dog and I were outside playing and definitely did NOT expect that. Needless to say...playtime was over for a while....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

Glad you did relatively ok....

Agree....that was one nasty storm!! Heavy wet snow, thunder, trees down everywhere and no power!
Come on summer!!!!

PS...glad everyone is ok!

Snow

Up North here in Paramus we lucked only some only 5" of snow.
Some of the heaviest snow in long time, more like a sheet of ice from the rain,befor the snow.
Broke a carter pin on my snow blower!!:shocked:
DanB

I'm accustomed to Nor' Easters here, but yesterday's storm was different - the thickest, wettest snow I've ever seen, and over 8 inches of it. Before the big snow arrived, we had thunder snow - it sounded just like a full blown summer thunder storm. Then, the heavy snow followed. We lost power with trees coming down everywhere and I just got it back an hour ago. Thank you, full house generator! :-D

tq7zZeAh.jpg

bKDuzvqh.jpg

On topic content: I cooked pork ternderloins that evening on the BGE, sorry, no pics - I was in a hurry and sweating disaster from falling trees. While I was outside, I heard numerous trees around my house cracking and coming down. My house is surrounded by huge trees and I was waiting for one to come down. Besides the huge branch in the pic, I was lucky.

I can't wait for proper Spring!
I am down on the Cape and we got all rain. Ended as snow for an hour or so. WE also got the Thunder and lighting. I read that a woman in Manchester got struck by lighting.

Good to hear you folks suffered minimum damage. Losing power for a bit over 24 hours was an inconvenience, but my generator took care of business.

I'm hoping Sunday's forecasted storm stays south and we just get rain - like we really need more.:cry:

March has traditionally been a bit crazy here, but this March has been exceptional.

Back