Wounded warriors need some help

hdis2002

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The message below was posted by Diane Dillon on the SCBA website. Her contact info is at the end of the message.

Hoofin' for HeroesI'll try and make this short. We're holding a benefit horseback ride 5-7 Dec for the wounded vets from Iraq/Afghanistan. I'm having an awful time trying to find someone that will give me a cut price for a BBQ plate. I've got a donated pig or two and folks want to charge me to cook the pig AND charge me for the meal. We just started our organization and don't have "seed" money. You folks surely know someone that can steer me in the right direction. The riders' meals are included in their ticket price. We'll have wounded veterans from SC, NC, and GA in attendance and I can't in good conscience ask these brave men and women to pay for their meals, hence the need for a reduced plate charge. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If anyone can help please contact me at hoofinforheroes@bellsouth.net, visit our website or call me at the numbers below. We're not a registered non-profit yet, but all proceeds will go to the Wounded Warrior Project(www.woundedwarriorproject.org), a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit. Thanks for any suggestions.

Diane Dillon
Event Coordinator
(803)236-4976 or (803)438-7668 after 5 pm

Damn, thats a shame! :mad: I wish I was closer, we'd cook that for free in a heart beat. Surely there are some SC brethren that can help out. If you don't get anyone by Nov. email, pm or call me.

Someone here will surely help. If I was closer, I'd drive down to lend a hand. I'm also a disabled vet from the Iraq war. These vets need moral boosters.

Good luck.

I just got an email from Diane. Bob Brown has offered to cook for them. Bob, I don't know who you are or if you are a Brethren, but thanks.

Steve:-D

Back