MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #1
Elkhound
On the road to being a farker

Default Turkey Roadmap

It is getting close to Turkey season and it might be nice to get the links to the Turkey section of the roadmap working. I went looking for some tips today and still couldn't get to them. Getting the craving for bird and taters.
Elkhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Brauma
somebody shut me the fark up.

Mash taters. Yummy. I like mine lumpy, not whipped fine like with a mixer. My mom used to use one of those hand mushers. The one where you just pushed it down into the pot of taters. Oh yeah!

I like crunchy peanut butter as well so it must be a trend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tater masher.jpg (9.2 KB, 58 views)

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-04-2005, 05:52 PM   #3
qman
Babbling Farker

Yup--mashed potatoes with the old hand masher--it was my job to do the mashing when I was a kid. Mom had a big-ass mixer she used for making cakes, bread, and stuff, but never for mashed potatoes. That was always a hand job.

Old 11-04-2005, 06:00 PM   #4
wsm
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma
Mash taters. Yummy. I like mine lumpy, not whipped fine like with a mixer. My mom used to use one of those hand mushers. The one where you just pushed it down into the pot of taters. Oh yeah!
The Fragile Flower makes killer mashed potatoes using a masher like the one above - but since they have all kinds of goodies, the cholesterol and fat content is out of sight - so we only have them on holidays - LIKE TURKEY DAY!

KCBS CBJ
WSM slightly modded, Weber Performer, Smokey Joe Gold, Whatever is handy
wsm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2005, 01:02 AM   #5
Brauma

Fragile Flower? Please enlighten.

And remember, real butter - in reasonable quantities - is a good thing. Margerine is synthetic and cant be good for you. Beware.

I cant be certain but I feel that Sweet & Low made one of my aunts an Altzheimer patient. She used the stuff all the time. I mean really - more than normal. I do sugar; real sugar. And I try to use only what I need.

Keep it natural; keep it real babe!!

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2005, 04:24 AM   #6
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Check out this recipie for, "The Perfect Turkey". Best turkey I ever made except I cook it on the Weber instead of the oven. Start out with 25 briquettes on each side along with a chunk of apple wood. Add eight briquettes per side each hour and apple as needed: www.thepatwhiteshow.com/perfect_turkey.htm

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Good point Elk...!!! I'll get the turkey roadmapped fixed today guys. I forgot all about those.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2005, 07:43 AM   #8
Bigdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Check out this recipie for, "The Perfect Turkey". Best turkey I ever made except I cook it on the Weber instead of the oven. Start out with 25 briquettes on each side along with a chunk of apple wood. Add eight briquettes per side each hour and apple as needed: www.thepatwhiteshow.com/perfect_turkey.htm
Why not do this in the Bandera instead of the Weber?
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2005, 04:50 AM   #9
Neil
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog
Why not do this in the Bandera instead of the Weber?
It could be done in the 'dera it's just that I'll have a whole ham and some ribs in the 'dera and I was cooking the turkey on the Weber long before I ever owned a Bandera.

Mange Bene Viva Bene!

Old Country Over/Under, Weber: 18.5" WSM, 22.5" WSM, Weber Performer(Col. Steve Austin Mod), Two 22.5" Kettles, & a Smokey Joe; Old Country 36" griddle, Luhr-Jensen Big Chief, Turkey Fryer, Rocky Mountain Camp Stove and a UDS.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2005, 08:03 AM   #10
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

i went in to fix the roadmap. Just FYI, When we moved from the other site, we went and extracted all the TITLES of the roadmapped posts and embedded the title into the roadmap post. We did this so we can use the title to do a search. So, if u need a roadmap post, just search on its title if the link isnt working.

I used a "titles only" search for "turkey" an came up wtih loads of good stuff.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2005, 08:37 AM   #11
wsm
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brauma
Fragile Flower? Please enlighten.
The Fragile Flower is my wifeypoo - after joining the Brethern she mostly lurks

KCBS CBJ
WSM slightly modded, Weber Performer, Smokey Joe Gold, Whatever is handy