20 Smoked Ham Hocks on the Bullet Bill!

SmokinAussie

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
G'Day Bruces!:becky:

You might remember this pic if you saw another thead I did...
DSC_0281.jpg

Well, here are 20 ham hocks alone...
DSC_0284-1.jpg

I brined them for 3 days...
DSC_0285-1.jpg

Nice brine... I used lemon, celery seed, bay leaves, fresh thyme, fresh sage, peppercorns, a whole head or garlic and a few other things as spices for the brine.

Here they are ready to go on Bullet Bill...
DSC_0299-1.jpg

I used a lot of Oak... I wreckon the WSM is a little light on imparting serious smoke... well, compared to my stick burner. So I added a lot more oak. I got this French Oak from a business that cuts French Oak flooring... no impurities, chemicals etc... very clean and hot burning!
DSC_0315-1.jpg

Bullet Bill was stuffed! I barely had a spare inch of space!:thumb:
DSC_0317-1.jpg

I LURVE my Bullet Bill... Marty did a bloody fantastic job on those handles. I really love those handles. You know, when you get Marty's handles, have a look at the workmanship.... really finely crafted! Oh... and the temp was bang on also!
DSC_0333.jpg

Now, as recommended, I didn't farken look until the temp probe went off! It was hard... so I had a few beers while I waited, for about 5 hours...
DSC_0334.jpg

Introducing my "Retard, Celcius Only" Blue Thermopen... It's faster than 15year old boys orgasm... but Thermoworks US would not ship one to me. They told me to get one from the Australian Distributor, and they only stock the Celcius Only versions from ETI UK... I thought about sending it back and making a farken song and dance about it:drama: But in the end, I just had to have a Thermopen, retard or not..:thumb:
DSC_0336.jpg

So there we are... bang on 150 F... here's the rest of the pron...
DSC_0340.jpg
DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0341-1.jpg

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Thanks for looking guys....

I gave 8 hocks to my next door neighbour, 1 to another friend of a friend who was interested. Made soup with another right away and the rest went into the freezer for Ron! ... (Later On!):wink:

These hocks are the best I've ever done!

Cheers!

Bill

Back