• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Great time at First Competition

Q*bert

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
We completed our first KCBS competition at Pickin' in the Panhandle last weekend and had a great time. We even got to hear our name called twice!! 5th place Ribs, & 6th place Pork. We wound up 15th overall out of 37 teams. Congrats to Dizzy Pig GC & Fowl Butt RGC. We met some great people, got some good advice, learned a bunch, & had a lot of fun. Thanks to Sultans of Swine for the good company. Thank you to the organizers, sponsors, & vendors at Pickin' in the Panhandle for putting on a great competition. See you there next year. Here's pics of our turn in's.

Attachments

• IMG_5735.jpg
    IMG_5735.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_5737.jpg
    IMG_5737.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_5740.jpg
    IMG_5740.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_5742.jpg
    IMG_5742.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 224
looks good gentlemen. my advice: take those box pictures with the box sitting on the table, the juggling act of a finished box in one hand and a camera in the other is Astro-INSANITY!

You have some very nice looking turn-ins for a first timer!!!!!!!.... I'd give all 9's in appearance. I'd give an 8 for brisket, it'd been a 9 if the slices looked moist. Great Job! :)

You have some very nice looking turn-ins for a first timer!!!!!!!.... I'd give all 9's in appearance. I'd give an 8 for brisket, it'd been a 9 if the slices looked moist. Great Job! :)

Ditto!!!

might be the pic, but they don't look very ooey gooey fatty melty point meat. i'm nitpicking here because those are sweet looking boxes, but just sayin'. might be something to work on.

Absolutely a great job for a first timer! Heck a great job for an experienced team as well.

Think 9s may be a little high especially with the ribs. What is going on with the cut out on the ribs?

Absolutely a great job for a first timer! Heck a great job for an experienced team as well.

Think 9s may be a little high especially with the ribs. What is going on with the cut out on the ribs?

Someone asked that previously & I don't know what you mean by 'cut out.' Please explain

Comps are fun indeed and getting your name called on top. Well that is just icing on the cake for a job well done... Congrats

Back