505 Shenanigans - Full Spares w/ Collards and Smoked Mac & Cheese

ShadowDriver

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
First off, apologies for the minimal pr0n today. Hands full with a very active 6 yr old.

Smoked up a full rack of spares using Oakridge Dominator on 2/3 and Smokin' Guns Hot on the other 1/3. Smoked using Kingsford Professional (much nicer than the blue bag from my experience) and oak from the mountains around Chama, NM.

CINCHOUSE whipped up some instant pot "Dixie Collards" with bacon ends and garlic. Also, the ladies of the house (to include the munchkin) made a pan of gluten free mac & cheese that I smoked on the 26er while the ribs rested in the oven.

FAeFwTrl.jpg

I need to do full spares more often. These things stayed tender and moist all the way through. Big fan.

Dominator Rib Rub was a huge hit with the munchkin and honestly was my favorite, as well. I dipped my Smokin' Guns Hot in some Melvin's BBQ Southern Red sauce from PatAttack, and it was a great accompaniment.

The rest of the evening looks like a Munchkin-requested Harry Potter marathon (mainly consisting of the end of 5 and the beginning of 6) as I nurse this manhattan.

I've got some beef marrow bones soaking in salt water in the fridge for roasting around lunchtime tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping in for a moment. Have a relaxing Saturday evening.

STL’s, Mac and cheese, collards and baked beans tonite for me,,,
No Harry Potter,no Manhattan,,,,,
Blue berry pie with vanilla bean ice cream,,,,,,
Had to make do,,,LOL,,,
Enjoy the weekend,,,
I’m goin on a diet,,,,

Sounds like a great evening to me. Always enjoyed watching Harry Potter with the boys now 14 & 16. Believe or not they are still into it but, like to game most of the time. Oh sorry I digress. Those ribs look on point as well as the greens. The mac n cheese looks really good too. How was it being gluten free?

The mac n cheese looks really good too. How was it being gluten free?

Cheers! It was great! Barilla makes good gluten free pasta. When we're trying to be even more healthy, CINCHOUSE makes a cauliflower mac & cheese that's great when it's smoked.

I’ve never cooked marrow but I need to.

Time out: quick collards from a brethren— Walmart involved.

If you don’t have time to do them right (see above) Grab a can of Walmart Great Value collards, then slide by the meat bin and either grab smoked turkey legs or ham hocks. Simmer together with smoked garlic. I learned this on this site. It’s good.
But you should always do the fresh diminishing collards if available as above.

Time in.

Back