Lonestargrillz IVS

Texaswig

Reaction score
I'm wanting a large lonestargrillz insulated vertical smoker. Is there any cabinet smokers that's better for the money that I should be looking at?

I'm wanting a large lonestargrillz insulated vertical smoker. Is there any cabinet smokers that's better for the money that I should be looking at?

Since you apparently live in Greenville, Texas, the large Lonestar Grillz vertical cabinet is the obvious choice for a top-quality smoker.

There are other good options out of state that are worth consideration but, they will end up being a lot more expensive with transportation. I have been looking at Gravity Fed options and the ones I generally want all seem to be in Georgia.

Humphreys, Cascade, Assassin, T&K, and others are well respected by many as well so, there are plenty of good options to choose from. All will have subtle differences that different people will prefer so, realize some of the choice is subjective.

Personally I prefer pitmaker vault for cabinet style. I have seen the LSG and looks like a great cooker but I ultimately went with PM when I did competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with an insulated cabinet from Cascade Smokers.
I much prefer a reverse flow cabinet with a solid diverter plate than direct flow smoker like LSG offers. As previously mentioned being in Texas LSG would be the obvious choice if shipping costs are a concern?

LSG would be my choice if I needed another insulated cabinet.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Being 4 hours away so I can go pick it up does help with the decision.

Pitmaker smokers is right in the same general area as Lonestar. They are extremely well made also. Be worth checking out.

Lots of good vertical smokers around. I always steer towards the local venders if the choices there.

Depending on your budget (and patience) you might want to take a look at Ironside Smokers. They are making probably the best insulated cabinets on the market today. They are designed to be run on charcoal / wood chunks like a normal cabinet smoker, or as a stickburner using wood splits. They have also recently come out with a "pellet assist" option to aid in stickburning, or to just be ran like a pellet smoker. Great guys over there as well and they really took time to answer all my questions.

www.ironsidesmokers.com

I have the large LSG IVC. It makes me look like I know what I'm doing. Chris is a solid guy. You won't be disappointed if you choose to go that way.

$4500 pitmaker vault, $3700 LSG LIC

Each has a little difference, so it's not just about money. Both can be customized.

They are located about 40 miles from each other.
Always loved the pitmaker vault, but never pulled the trigger when they were 2 grand, now they are over 4, so I got a shirley 24x36. (Not the same, I know) Wife loves my faux green egg (14 yrs old) so much, that Santa might bring me a big joe 2 to replace it...

Two options in addition to what was already mentioned are Cascade Smokers, Humphrey's.

Though I agree with everyone else that I would start with LSG and Pitmaker as buying local, especially if you can pick up is the best way to go

Back